Leicester FanZoner Rich Mellor believes the Foxes could cope with the loss of Jeffrey Schlupp as Swansea move in for the forward.
Leicester City fans will be disappointed to see Jeffrey Schlupp to leave the club if Swansea City are successful with their advances on deadline day.
The Welsh club are said to have had a £2.5 million bid rejected by the Championship leaders for the German-born forward as they look to secure their Premier League status.
Schlupp has made just eight starts this season and a further 16 as a substitute, scoring only once against Millwall on New Year's Day.
His playing position has differed greatly, often upfront or on the left wing but also capable of playing left-back as cover for regular starter Paul Konchesky.
And this isn't the first time the product of Leicester City's academy has been linked away from the King Power Stadium.
Schlupp was said to be on the verge of a dream move to Manchester United last year, but all hope of that deal collapsed following a change of managers at Old Trafford in the summer.
The Ghanaian-capped international spent several weeks on trial at the Red Devils, making two appearances for United's under-21 side.
But the interest shown by Sir Alex Ferguson failed to materialise following his retirement from football management in the summer.
Despite Schlupp firing in several crucial goals which helped City to reach the play-offs upon returning from his spell in Manchester, it is unlikely that David Moyes will make a move for the young striker.
With David Nugent, Jamie Vardy, Anthony Knockaert, Lloyd Dyer and new boy Riyad Mahrez all filling squad positions and playing well, Schlupp's first team opportunities have been limited.
But it is clear that he has a vast amount of talent and the hope of a fresh start under Danish legend Michael Laudrup could be just what Schlupp needs.
After City recorded their eighth straight Championship victory against Birmingham on Tuesday, the Foxes could well be battling the Swans in the Premier League next year after going eight points clear of promotion rivals Queens Park Rangers in second.
Liam Moore is another City academy product that has been pursued by a Premier League club this January.
Fulham have had two bids worth in the region of £2 million turned down for the defender who can play at right-back or centre-half.
However, the England under-21 international, who has had much more first team action than Schlupp having started all of the 23 league games he has been involved in, has now suffered a broken rib and will be out of action for up to three weeks.
Having rejected bids for two gifted footballers, it is clear that Leicester are holding firm on their future star players, making a statement to Premier League clubs that look certain to be lining up against Nigel Pearson's men in the top flight next year.