Anthony Martial’s importance to Manchester United is underlined, while Alexis Sanchez proves why he is so integral to Arsenal. Opta pick out the best stats from Saturday’s action.
Arsenal 2-0 Hull City
- Alexis Sanchez has been involved in 16 goals in his last 13 Premier League games for Arsenal (11 goals, 5 assists).
- Sanchez has scored in each of his four Premier League appearances against Hull (7 goals in total – more than against any other side).
- No player has scored more Premier League goals against Hull than Sanchez (7, level with Wayne Rooney).
- In all competitions, Sanchez has bagged eight goals in six games against the Tigers, also his biggest tally against any side.
- The Gunners have scored in each of their last 16 top-flight games, the longest scoring streak by any side in the division this season.
- Hull have now gone 12 Premier League away games without a win, the joint-longest current such run in the top-flight this season (level with Leicester City).
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has played the full 90 minutes in just two of his last 42 Premier League appearances, and in just 12 of his 121 in total.
- Sanchez is the first player to score 2+ goals in three consecutive Premier League appearances vs the same team since Thierry Henry vs Charlton in 2002.
- Two of Hull’s three red cards this season in the top-flight have come against Arsenal (also Jake Livermore in the reverse fixture).
- Arsenal have won six penalties in the Premier League this season so far, three times as many as they were awarded in the whole of 2015/16 (2).
Manchester United 2-0 Watford
- Manchester United are the first team win 2000 points in the Premier League.
- Mourinho’s men are unbeaten in 16 Premier League games (W9 D7); their longest unbeaten run in the top-flight since March 2013 (18 games unbeaten).
- In fact, the Red Devils are on the longest current unbeaten run in the big five European Leagues (16 games).
- Watford have lost on each of their four Premier League visits to Old Trafford, the most they’ve lost at an away venue in the competition.
- Indeed, the Hornets have conceded more goals away at Manchester United than any against other side (11).
- Anthony Martial has been involved in more Premier League goals for Man Utd than any other player since his debut (22 – 14 goals, 8 assists).
- Juan Mata has scored in successive Premier League games for Man Utd for the first time since September 2015.
- Since making his debut in August 2011, Juan Mata has been involved in 87 Premier League goals (45 goals, 42 assists), more than any other midfielder.
Middlesbrough 0-0 Everton
- Ronald Koeman is unbeaten in eight Premier League games for the first time at a single club (was unbeaten in 11 in September 2016 with a combination of Southampton and Everton).
- Middlesbrough have managed to score just 11 goals at home in the top-flight this season, a league-low haul.
- Middlesbrough are without a victory in their last eight Premier League games (D4 L4), their longest winless run in the competition since February 2009 under Gareth Southgate (14 games).
- Aitor Karanka’s side have failed to find the back of the net in 11 Premier League games this season; only Hull have misfired in more (12).
- Only three sides have conceded fewer goals in the Premier League this season than Middlesbrough and Everton (27 each); Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham.
- The Toffees have kept clean sheets in four of their last five Premier League visits to the Riverside Stadium, winning three and drawing one those games (L1).
Stoke City 1-0 Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in the first-half in 19 Premier League games this season, a joint-high figure along with Sunderland.
- Joe Allen has netted six PL goals this season, his best-ever haul in a top-flight campaign (next highest is 4 in 11/12).
- Allen has now scored two Premier League goals against the Eagles; against no other side has he scored more (also 2 v Sunderland and Wolves).
- Stoke are unbeaten in seven Premier League games on home soil (W3 D4), their longest such run since January 2014 (also 7).
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 11 top-flight games, drawing two and losing eight.
- Sam Allardyce has enjoyed only one win on his eight Premier League visits to the Bet365 Stadium as a manager (D2 L5).
- The Potters have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six Premier League clashes with Crystal Palace, winning only this game in that period (D1 L4).
Sunderland 0-4 Southampton
- Manolo Gabbiadini became the 16th player to score three goals in his first two Premier League appearances, and the first since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in August.
- The Italian was also just the second Southampton player to score in his first two Premier League games for the club, after Henri Camara in February 2005.
- Sunderland failed to score a first-half goal for the 19th time in the Premier League this season, a joint league-high with Crystal Palace.
- Only Swansea (28) have conceded more home goals in the Premier League this season than Sunderland (24).
- All three of Saints’ away Premier League victories this season have seen them score at least three goals (3-0 vs West Ham, 3-1 vs Bournemouth).
- The last two occasions Southampton have scored four goals in a Premier League match away from home, the other side has been relegated at the end of the campaign (Wolves in 2003-04 and Aston Villa in 2015-16).
- Indeed, this was the first time Saints had scored four goals in a league match under Claude Puel.
- Shane Long has scored in each of his last three away games in all competitions for Southampton.
West Ham United 2-2 West Bromwich Albion
- The Baggies have opened the scoring in the 6th minute in each of their last three Premier League games (W1 D2).
- Both Sofiane Feghouli and Manuel Lanzini scored their second goals in their last three Premier League games at the London Stadium – only Michail Antonio (3) has scored more league goals at the ground for the Hammers.
- Lanzini has scored two goals and provided two assists in his last five Premier League games for West Ham.
- Nacer Chadli has been involved in five of West Brom’s six Premier League goals against West Ham this season (3 goals, 2 assists).
- Indeed, he’s scored more Premier League goals against West Ham than he has against any other side (3).
- Only Bournemouth (6) have conceded more goals in the 90th minute of Premier League games than West Ham this season (4).
- West Brom have scored six goals against West Ham in the Premier League this season. Only against Wolves in 2011-12 (7) have they scored more against an opponent in a single season.
Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham
- Liverpool have won more Premier League games at Anfield against Tottenham than any other current top-flight side they have faced (16 wins).
- The Reds are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League encounters with Spurs (W6 D3), they last went on a longer run in September 1976 (10 league games unbeaten).
- Tottenham have won just once in 17 visits to the other current top six clubs (D6 L10), failing to win each of the last seven (D4 L3).
- Tottenham have conceded eight goals from open play in their last 13 league games after conceding just one in their opening 12 Premier League games of the season.
- Spurs conceded eight shots on target; the most in a first half for Tottenham since Opta started collecting shot data in 2003-04.
- Spurs have failed to score in successive Premier League away games for the first time since April 2015.
- Sadio Mane has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other Liverpool player this season (15 – 11 goals, four assists).
- There were just 138 seconds between both of Sadio Mane’s goals for Liverpool.
- Toby Alderweireld received his first Premier League yellow card since March 2016, after a run of 26 games without.