Ancelotti fancies return to Premier League

Date published: Monday 12th October 2015 10:57

Carlo Ancelotti (r): No Liverpool approach

Carlo Ancelotti (r): No Liverpool approach

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti says he will be ready to return to management in January and wants “another experience in England”.

The 56-year-old, who was sacked by Real Madrid at the end of last season, was linked with the Liverpool post last week before the Reds appointed German coach Jurgen Klopp.

Whether or not Ancelotti, who has an impressive managerial CV including spells with AC Milan, Juventus and PSG, would have ended his sabbatical had he been officially offered the Anfield hot-seat remains to be seen, but the Italian has said he is now close to getting back into the game.

“The vacation will continue at least until the end of the year. Then I’ll start again,” he said in an interview with Italian daily Corriere dello Sport.

“Where will I go? Where they call me. I will talk, evaluate and decide. Up until a few weeks ago I was scared someone would call, but now I feel like I’m getting closer to that comeback.

“At least that is the plan, unless something strange happens. I am ready to get the engine back up and running in January.

Ancelotti added: “I’d like to go back to the Premier League. It is the ideal environment not for football, but for the ‘game’ around football.

“You can work with the right amount of pressure, the necessary detachment and calm. Before I quit, I’d like to have another experience in England.

“In a while I must start to think about retirement, let’s say in five or six years. When I started out at Reggiana, I’d promised myself to work five or six years and that would be it. That was 25 years ago and I’m still going.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Comments are closed here.