Ancelotti: No direct contact from Liverpool

Date published: Monday 19th October 2015 12:49

Carlo Ancelotti TEAMtalk

Carlo Ancelotti: Was heavily linked with the Liverpool job

Carlo Ancelotti says Liverpool never contacted him directly over their vacant managerial post before Jurgen Klopp was appointed.

Ancelotti was the second favourite behind Klopp to replace the sacked Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool earlier this month, with the German eventually being appointed.

Harry Redknapp claimed that Liverpool “spoke to him [Ancelotti] at some stage,” and the Italian “was offered the job” before Klopp was announced, but the former AC Milan boss has dismissed such theories.

“With Liverpool, there was no contact,” he told Goal.com. “When a job becomes available, they always use the names of the coaches currently without a team, so, my name was thrown out there.

“But I never had any direct contact with the directors of Liverpool.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Comments are closed here.