Arsenal have “agreed personal terms” with Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, according to an Italian football journalist.
Emanuele Giulianelli claims the Gunners have come to an agreement with the forward’s agent and they will now formally submit an offer to the Merseyside club after being linked with the forward earlier in the week.
The 23-year-old notched 25 goals and seven assists in all competitions last season and has netted twice thus far at UEFA Euro 2016 for Belgium.
The forward has claimed he is fully focused on his side’s efforts in France as Belgium prepare to for their last-16 clash with Hungary on Sunday.
“It’s my agent who is dealing with that aspect,” Lukaku told Sky Sports yesterday. “I’m just focused on Belgium, and the most important thing is helping my team.”
Despite Chelsea pressing, Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Lukaku. An offer will be submitted.
— Emanuele Giulianelli (@EmaGiulianelli) June 24, 2016
Wenger is on the hunt for a new striker and after seeing Jamie Vardy turn down his advances it now appears that Lukaku has come on to his radar.
Everton have reportedly put a £75million price tag on his head to ward off potential suitors, the Daily Express have reported, while the Telegraph claim new owner Farhad Moshiri is prepared to offer the player £100,000 a week to stay.
Only Sergio Aguero has scored more Premier League goals than Lukaku over the past four seasons and enw boss Ronald Koeman will be desperate to keep hold of him. And this week his agent did give Everton some hope of keeping Lukaku, who is under contract at Goodison until 2019.
Mino Raiola told Belgian newspaper Sportwereld: “If he leaves, it’s has to be a good deal for all parties involved.
“Everton don’t need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something’s changed at Everton – there’s a new project.”