Arsenal ‘make Subotic move as Liverpool, Everton & Boro lurk’

Date published: Friday 8th July 2016 1:32

Neven Subotic: Set to move on

Neven Subotic: Set to move on

Arsenal have reportedly lodged a £12million bid for Neven Subotic after the defender was told he will be allowed to move to the Premier League this summer.

Subotic has made 258 appearances for Borussia Dortmund since making his debut for the Bundesliga giants back in 2008 but the 27-year-old announced last month that he’s set to move on ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

The player fell out of favour at the Westfalenstadion last season and has since been told that he can leave the club, subject to an acceptable bid for his services coming in.

“I do not want to earn my money on the bench, but to be a active part of the history like I was until last year,” Subotic said.

The player, who earlier this year was linked with a move to Liverpool, is also being monitored by Everton, while Friday’s papers suggested ambitious Middlesbrough were also plotting a move for the Serbian centre-half as they prepare for their return to the Premier League.

But German paper Express suggests that the Gunners have tabled a £12million offer to land the Serbia international, with Arsene Wenger on the hunt for defensive reinforcements.

The player has also been linked with a move to Cologne, but they look unlikely to be able to compete with their Premier League counterparts, making a move to England looking increasingly likely for the 27-year-old centre-half.

Related Articles

Your Say