Manchester United will on Sunday bid to make it five games unbeaten at Arsenal for the first time in the Premier League era.
Arsenal have Olivier Giroud available after he served a suspension in the Champions League defeat to Olympiacos in midweek, but Theo Walcott will hope to keep his place in attack after again scoring for the Gunners.
Laurent Koscielny (hamstring), Mathieu Flamini (hamstring) and Mikel Arteta (dead leg) all miss out.
Michael Carrick is fit again for Manchester United after missing their midweek win over Wolfsburg with a minor injury, but Ander Herrera remains a doubt for Louis van Gaal’s side.
Kick-off at Emirates Stadium on Sunday is at 4pm.
- Arsenal have won just one of their last 13 Premier League fixtures against Manchester United (D4 L8).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in four away games against Arsenal – they’ve never gone five without a loss away to the Gunners in the Premier League era.
- Arsenal have a lower win percentage against Manchester United in the Premier League (24%) than versus any other opponent in the competition.
- Louis van Gaal has lost just one of his five meetings with Arsene Wenger (all competitions), losing in the FA Cup last season after winning one and drawing one in the PL and winning one and drawing one in the 1999/00 Champions League group stages with Barcelona.
- Wayne Rooney has netted 11 times in 25 Premier League games against Arsenal. The only sides he’s scored more goals against in the competition are Newcastle (12) and Aston Villa (13).
- Rooney scored his first ever Premier League goal (Oct 2002), his first Premier League goal for Man Utd (Oct 2004) and his 100th Premier League goal (Jan 2010) against the Gunners.
- Arsenal have the two players to have created the most goalscoring chances in the Premier League so far this season; Mesut Ozil (29) and Santi Cazorla (28).
- Since making his PL debut back in August 2012, Santi Cazorla has provided more Premier League assists than any other player (32).
- Theo Walcott has netted 12 goals in his last 13 Premier League starts for the Gunners.
- Anthony Martial has been directly involved in four goals in his first three Premier League games, netting three and assisting one.