Arsenal have lost only one of their last 22 Premier League games against Tottenham at Emirates Stadium ahead of Sunday’s latest meeting.
Arsene Wenger says Laurent Koscielny has an “80 per cent” chance of featuring for Arsenal, but Hector Bellerin (groin) will again miss out.
Mikel Arteta (ankle) faces a fitness test, while David Ospina could return from a shoulder problem, but Theo Walcott (calf), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey (both hamstring), Jack Wilshere (fibula), Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky (both knee) all continue their rehabilitation.
Tottenham, meanwhile, expect to have Danny Rose fit despite the left-back going off with a knock during Monday’s win over Aston Villa.
Clinton Njie could be back in the squad, while Son Heung-min made his return from injury as a substitute in the Europa League win over Anderlecht on Thursday.
Nabil Bentaleb and Nacer Chadli miss out with ankle injuries, while Andros Townsend is likely to be absent following an altercation with Spurs fitness coach Nathan Gardiner.
Kick-off at Emirates Stadium is at 4pm.
- Tottenham have won just one of their last 22 Premier League trips to Arsenal (W1 D8 L13).
- The Gunners have scored 199 and conceded 97 goals in Premier League London derbies on home soil. They also have earned 399 points from all London derbies.
- Arsenal have won 13 and lost just two of their last 18 Premier League games at Emirates Stadium, conceding just nine goals in that run.
- Spurs are on the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League, having not lost a game in the competition since the opening day (10 games – W5 D5 L0).
- Tottenham have lost just two of their last 10 Premier League away games (W4 D4 L2).
- Mesut Özil has the most goal assists in Europe’s top five leagues this season (9).
- Olivier Giroud has scored in five of his last seven Premier League appearances.
- Four of Giroud’s six Premier League goals have been assisted by Özil, including the last three in a row.
- Since debuting in August 2012, Olivier Giroud has scored the most headed goals in the Premier League (15).
- Petr Cech has the best saves to shots ratio of any goalkeeper in the top flight this season (83%) and needs just one clean sheet to equal David James’ record of 169 in the Premier League.