Error-prone Aston Villa have lost just one of their last six meetings with Saturday’s opponents Bournemouth, who are without Benik Afobe.
Aston Villa are without Alan Hutton following his red card against Chelsea, but Gabriel Agbonlahor is available for selection again after being suspended last weekend.
Bournemouth’s star striker Afobe has been ruled out for up to four weeks with a hamstring strain. Adam Smith is a major doubt with a hernia problem, while Harry Arter misses out with an Achilles problem.
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their previous six meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions (W4 D1 L1).
- Bournemouth have visited Villa Park three times in all competitions, drawing once and losing twice, including in the fourth round of the FA Cup in 2015.
- Villa have lost each of their last seven league games; only once before have suffered more consecutive defeats in the league, in 1963 when they lost 11 in a row.
- The Cherries haven’t lost successive away games in the Premier League since November 1 (W4 D4 L2 since then).
- Bournemouth have netted a joint-league-high eight goals in the first 15 minutes of their games (level with Man City and Stoke) while Villa have bagged a joint-league-low one goal in the same period (level with Norwich).
- Current Villa caretaker boss Eric Black has lost all three Premier League games when in charge, one with Birmingham City in November 2007, one with Sunderland in December 2011 and last time out with the Villans.
- No team has a lower top scorer in the Premier League this season than both Villa (Ayew, Gestede – 5 each) and Bournemouth (Wilson – 5).
- The Villans have made a joint-high 13 errors leading to goals in the top-flight this season (level with West Ham).
- Villa’s Idrissa Gueye has made more interceptions than any other player in the Premier League this season (132), while only Leicester’s N’Golo Kanté (139) has made more tackles (123).
- Cherries’ boss Eddie Howe has used 16 English players in the Premier League this season, three more than any other side.