Chelsea have won seven of their last eight Premier League games against Aston Villa going into Saturday’s latest meeting with the Midlanders at Villa Park.
Gabriel Agbonlahor will not be involved for Villa after being suspended pending an investigation into his conduct while on holiday.
Adama Traore and Jack Grealish could return for the hosts after shaking off respective foot and ankle injuries, but Libor Kozak (ankle) and Jordan Amavi (knee) remain sidelined.
Chelsea, meanwhile, remain without Diego Costa, who completes a two-match ban, but Radamel Falcao could feature for the first time since October after recovering from a thigh injury.
Kick-off at Villa Park is at 12.45pm.
- Chelsea have won seven of the last eight Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (L1).
- Aston Villa have won just two of their last 16 Premier League matches at Villa Park, scoring just 11 goals in that run.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last six Premier League away games (W4 D2), conceding just two goals in the process.
- Branislav Ivanovic has scored five Premier League goals against Aston Villa, more than versus any other opponent.
- There have been four red cards in the last three meetings between these two sides at Villa Park.
- The opening goal has come in the opening 15 minutes in six of the last eight Premier League matches between Villa and Chelsea.
- Only two teams (Derby 2007-08 & Sunderland 2005-06, both 10) have had fewer points after 31 games of a Premier League campaign than Aston Villa have so far (16).
- Aston Villa have made more errors leading to goals in the Premier League this season than any other side (12).
- Villa have the worst chance conversion rate in the top flight scoring with just 9.5% of their attempts.
- Chelsea have won 199 games away from home in the Premier League. Only Manchester United (245) and Arsenal (208) have recorded more away wins in Premier League history.
- Cesc Fabregas has never been on the losing side when he has scored in a Premier League match (38 games).