Ross Barkley will be hoping to add to his impressive list of stats when Everton travel to face struggling Aston Villa in their Premier League clash at Villa Park on Tuesday.
Aston Villa have Jordan Ayew available again for the match.
Ayew has served a three-match suspension and his return boosts manager Remi Garde’s striking options. The Ghana international will compete with Gabby Agbonlahor and Rudy Gestede, who both came through the weekend game at Stoke unscathed, for a place in the starting line up.
Jack Grealish (ankle), Carlos Sanchez (hamstring), Libor Kozak (ankle), Jordan Amavi (knee) and Adama Traore (foot) remain out.
Everton midfielder Mo Besic will not be fit to return for the trip to Villa Park.
The Bosnia international has missed the last six matches with a hamstring injury but could be ready for Saturday’s visit of West Ham.
Fellow midfielder Darron Gibson is still injured but striker Arouna Kone returns to the squad after missing their last match – the FA Cup win at Bournemouth – through illness.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in four Premier League appearances for Everton against Aston Villa.
- Aston Villa have won just one of the last 10 Premier League matches against Everton (W1 D4 L5).
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored seven Premier League goals against Everton, more than versus any other opponent.
- Leon Osman has scored six Premier League goals against Aston Villa, more than versus any other opponent.
- Aston Villa have won just two of their last 14 Premier League matches on home soil (W2 D4 L8).
- Everton have won just three of their last 13 Premier League matches (W3 D6 L4).
- On the road, the Toffees have been hard to beat, losing just one of their last 13 away league games (W5 D7 L1).
- Aston Villa’s 16-point tally so far this season is the joint-fourth lowest by a side after 27 games of a single Premier League season.
- Aston Villa have won 18 Premier League games against Everton, more than they have against any other side.
- Ross Barkley has had a hand in 15 goals in 26 Premier League appearances this season (eight goals and seven assists) – in his 76 PL apps before this season he had a hand in just 10 goals (eight goals, two assists).