Aston Villa have won only one of their last eight Premier League games against Manchester City ahead of Remi Garde’s managerial debut at Villa Park.
Aston Villa welcome back Micah Richards following suspension for Remi Garde’s first game in charge.
Ashley Westwood should also be available despite suffering a head injury in Monday night’s defeat at Tottenham, while Gabby Agbonlahor faces a fitness test after going off in that game with a tight calf.
Manchester City, meanwhile, are likely to recall Kevin De Bruyne after resting him for their midweek Champions League win at Sevilla, while David Silva will be on the bench as he closes on full fitness following an ankle injury.
Pablo Zabaleta, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero also remain sidelined with injuries.
Kick-off at Villa Park on Sunday is at 1.30pm.
- Manchester City have won seven and lost one of the last eight Premier League games against Aston Villa.
- Man City have scored four goals in the 88th minute onwards in their last three Premier League meetings with Aston Villa.
- The Villans have failed to score in five of the last seven league meetings with the Citizens.
- Aston Villa have lost five and won none of their last six Premier League games at Villa Park and failed to score in four of those games.
- Remi Garde will take charge of his first game as Aston Villa manager – he won his first league game in charge of Lyon (3-1 v Nice in August 2011).
- Garde will only be the sixth different Frenchman to take charge of a Premier League game after Arsene Wenger, Gerard Houllier, Jean Tigana, Jacques Santini and Alain Perrin.
- Man City have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away matches (W5 D1 L1), keeping five clean sheets in that run, although they are without a win in their last two on the road (D1 L1).
- Man City have allowed just 28 shots on target against them, fewer than any other team in the top flight this season.
- Yaya Toure has scored all nine penalties he’s taken in the Premier League.
- Kevin de Bruyne has scored three and assisted four goals in his last six Premier League appearances.