Tottenham are unbeaten in eight trips to Aston Villa going into Sunday’s latest Premier League encounter at Villa Park.
Aston Villa remain without Carlos Sanchez (hamstring) and Jack Grealish and Libor Kozak (both ankle), while Charles N’Zogbia remains out of Remi Garde’s plans despite being fit.
Jordan Amavi is out until next season with a serious knee injury, while Adama Traore (broken foot) is closing in on a return but is not ready yet.
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has been struggling with an ankle problem but is expected to be passed fit, while Eric Dier is hoping to shake off a knock in time for the game at Villa Park.
Danny Rose sat out Thursday’s defeat to Borussia Dortmund with a sore calf and will be assessed. Jan Vertonghen and Clinton Njie are both out with knee injuries.
Kick-off at Villa Park on Sunday is at 4pm.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last eight trips to Villa Park in all competitions (W6 D2 L0).
- There have been red cards in three of the last five Premier League meetings between these two sides at Villa Park.
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League away games (W7 D5 L1), but that defeat came last time out at West Ham (0-1).
- Tottenham have conceded just 12 goals in 14 Premier League away games this season, but kept just three clean sheets.
- Aston Villa’s 16-point tally after 29 games this season is the third lowest at this stage of a Premier League season, but Leicester City only had three points more (19) at this stage last term and finished 14th.
- This is Spurs’ best points tally from their opening 29 matches of a Premier League season (55).
- If Aston Villa lose this match it’ll equal their worst tally of Premier League defeats in a single season (20 – set in both 2013-14 and 2014-15).
- Spurs have won a league-high 18 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season.
- Harry Kane has scored 16 goals in his last 20 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, two more than Aston Villa (14) have in their last 20 Premier League games.
- Tottenham’s next away defeat in the Premier League will be their 200th– only Newcastle United (201) have lost more on the road.