Aston Villa will hope their strong record against Watford continues when they look to end their winless run in the Premier League on Saturday.
Jack Grealish has been left out of Aston Villa’s squad as punishment for his off-field behaviour, but Jores Okore is available for the first time this season after recovering from knee surgery. Gabriel Agbonlahor could again miss out, however, with a calf problem.
Watford, meanwhile, have no new injury problems but may again be without Valon Behrami due to the knee problem which saw him miss last weekend’s defeat to Manchester United.
- Aston Villa have won six and lost none of the last eight meetings in all competitions with Watford at Villa Park.
- Watford have won none of the last five league meetings with Aston Villa (W0 D2 L3) and failed to score in the last four.
- Villa have won none of their last 12 Premier League matches (D2 L10).
- The Villans have failed to score in five of their last seven matches on home soil.
- Watford have lost only two of their last seven Premier League away games (W3 D2 L2).
- Aston Villa have the lowest shooting accuracy in the Premier League, hitting the target with just 36% of their efforts.
- No Premier League team has ever survived having accumulated five points or fewer after 13 games to a season: QPR in 2012-13, Sheffield Wednesday in 1999-00, Swindon Town in 1993-94 and Sunderland in 2005-06.
- Watford are the only team in the Premier League yet to score a headed goal this season.
- Watford have conceded a league-high 86% of their goals in the second-half of games this season.