Austin relaxed over QPR future

Date published: Monday 13th July 2015 9:13

Barcelona: Offer help to Chapecoense for rebuilding

Austin is currently on Rangers’ pre-season tour of Italy but the speculation over his future has continued with Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Tottenham and West Ham all interested, while Leicester have had a £12million bid rejected and Newcastle are believed to have made him their number one summer target.

The 26-year-old fired 18 goals in the top flight last season as QPR were relegated to the Championship, but Austin earned rave reviews and last month he said “I feel like I’ve worked hard enough this season for QPR to try to be a Premier League player”. 

Austin, who was called up to the England squad in May has still got one year remaining on his contract at Loftus Road and Rangers will be desperate to sign him up for longer or, as is more likely, sell on the player they signed from Burnley in August 2013 for £4million.

“What’s going on back at home is for other people to worry about,” Austin told the QPR’s official website.

“That’s for Les [Ferdinand], Chris [Ramsey], my agent and Tony [Fernandes] to sort out.

“For me, I’m here to get my head down and work as hard as I can, hopefully play in a couple of games whilst I’m out here and prepare for Charlton on the 8th.

“Until I’m told otherwise, I’m a QPR player and I’m preparing for the Championship next year, and if I’m told otherwise, then so be it.”

Austin, who didn’t feature in the recent 10-0 friendly win over Verona Stars, is believed to be keen on staying in the London area.

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *