Last-ditch China transfer on the cards for Balotelli

Date published: Friday 15th July 2016 9:03

Mario Balotelli: China bound?

Mario Balotelli: China bound?

Mario Balotelli’s representatives are believed to be holding talks with clubs in China as they bid to revive interest in the Liverpool frontman.

Jurgen Klopp has made that clear that the Italy striker has no future at Anfield, but if the 25-year-old is to continue his career in Asia the deal will have be brokered quickly as the Chinese Super League transfer window closes tomorrow.

Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera say Balotelli’s representatives have been holding talks with a host of CSL clubs in the hope of negotiating a big-money deal. They initiated talks with several clubs in January but no deal was forthcoming, but now with the striker’s options narrowing by the day they are hoping to push through a last-minute transfer.

His agent Mino Raiola last month tried to save face after Turkish club Besiktas pulled the plug on a deal. Raiola claimed a transfer was never on the cards and said the player has set his sights on returning to Anfield next season, but after Klopp made it clear his future did not lie on Merseyside the super agent has been working on an escape route for the former Man City striker.

“I have not discussed Mario with Besiktas and I have never spoken to any Turkish media about that,” Raiola said. “I said last year they are the worst for writing lies and that is again the case.”

Liverpool are looking to recoup the £16million they spent to sign Balotelli, who spent last season on loan with AC Milan, two years ago.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323