Barca president confirms Pogba interest

Date published: Monday 8th June 2015 9:47

Barca are banned from signing players until January after breaking rules regarding the acquisition of youth players, but they have already reached an agreement with Sevilla over Aleix Vidal.

Pogba said last week it “would be a dream come true” to play alongside Lionel Messi amid reports he was willing to snub interest from the likes of Manchester City to wait for Barcelona, and Bartomeu has now confirmed the Catalans would like to make that dream a reality, telling Telefoot: “It is true that Pogba is a leading target of ours and obviously we are interested, but I can’t say anything more. We are forbidden to recruit players until January, so I can’t talk about it.”

Juve CEO Giuseppe Marotta has insisted Pogba will “100 per cent” still be with the club next season, but the midfielder’s agent Mino Raiola still believes a transfer could happen this summer.

“Berlin could be Pogba’s last game with Juventus. They don’t want to sell him. Whoever wants him will have to buy him,” Raiola told Sky Sport Italia.

“However, it could happen. The market is open until September 2. He has a contract with Juventus, who have not made any moves to sell him.”

“Concrete offers arrived but they were brushed aside. But the price will be decided by who wants him. The price doesn’t matter to someone who wants to buy a work of art.”

“Juventus will control the auction but it will be one of the most costly transfers in history. He’s a special player. He’s already given us a glimpse of the path he’s on even though we have not even seen the best of Pogba.”

According to GamblingSites.com, speculation is already mouting about which club will sign Pogba. Barcelona currently lead the way, just ahead of Man City, Real Madrid and PSG.

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *