Barcelona bid rejected as Dortmund stand firm over Dembele

Date published: Thursday 10th August 2017 8:19

Borussia Dortmund have rejected a bid from Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele, who missed training with the German giants on Thursday.

The Bundesliga outfit confirmed they have met Barca representatives but the offer for the 20-year-old did not meet their valuation of the France international.

They added that Dembele moving to the Catalan side is “not currently likely”.

Dortmund head coach Peter Bosz earlier said the club had been unable to contact the player.

“We have tried to reach him and hope that nothing bad has happened,” he told reporters.

Dembele is reportedly a £135m target for Barcelona as a replacement for Brazil forward Neymar, who they sold to Paris St-Germain lasr week, while Real Madrid are also said to be in the running for the player.

Dortmund only signed Dembele on a five-year deal from Rennes in May 2016 and could end with a huge profit should they eventually sell.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments