Barcelona ‘willing to sell Neymar to Man Utd’ to fund triple raid

Date published: Wednesday 24th May 2017 9:43

Barcelona are reportedly preparing to sell Manchester United target Neymar in the summer.

Barca are believed to have concerns about the Brazilian’s lifestyle and will offload the 25-year-old as long as his £170million release clause is met.

Spanish outlet Diario Gol, says Barcelona chiefs are willing to sanction his exit this summer and bring in some fresh blood due Neymar’s lack of commitment to the Barca cause.

United were heavily linked with the player last summer and the player’s father claimed United had made an offer to Barca for his services. The club have once again been linked with Neymar more recently, while PSG are also thought to be interested and have the financial muscle to lure the player.

Neymar signed a new deal to keep him at the Nou Camp until 2021 in October 2016 and earlier this month he claimed his future was in Catalonia.

Neymar told beIN Sports: “I want to be here and that’s why I renewed. I’m happy with everything I’ve done for the club.

“And I’m happy with my team-mates. I feel at home.”

But if Barcelona decide to cash in on Neymar to fund moves for Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin, Juventus striker Paulo Dybala and PSG midfielder Marco Verratti then the forward could be surplus to requirements.

Neymar, who has scored 19 goals in 44 appearances this season, will see his buyout clause increase to £200m the next year and £212m for the final three years of his contract.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments