Barton denies ‘false’ report

Date published: Tuesday 12th May 2015 3:32

Stefano Okaka: At the double for Watford v Everton

The report stated the names of five players – Eduardo Vargas, Mauricio Isla, Mauro Zarate, Adel Taarabt and Armand Traore – that Barton singled out for criticism for their poor attitude at the club.

Barton responded to the claims on Twitter insisting the report was inaccurate.

He said: “For the record, I don’t believe Vargas, Isla, Zarate, Taarabt or Traore are responsible for QPR’s relegation.

“Interesting that this story was ‘revealed’ to this journalist. Easy to blame those not in a strong enough position to affect the group.”

The QPR midfielder told Pat Davison on Sky Sports last week: “On the whole, the dressing room has turned up and given everything. One or two bad eggs have spoiled it. If it had been done my way, they would have been out of the building straight away.”

Davison in his Super Sunday column gave his assessment on Barton’s position: “He did say that most have given their all. The criticism was directed at a handful of players and members of staff. When it comes to that group, there’s no holding back.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *