Bilic hopeful injured stars will return soon and lift Hammers

Date published: Monday 14th December 2015 3:15

Slaven Bilic: No money to spend

Slaven Bilic: No money to spend

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic is hopeful that his star players will return from injury ahead of schedule to boost his attacking options. 

Attacking talents including Dimitri Payet, Diafra Sakho, Manuel Lanzini and Victor Moses have all missed out recently through injury, and the West Ham boss is hoping for them to return to action sooner than expected.

After a 0-0 draw against Stoke City at Upton Park on Saturday, the Hammers have now gone six games without a win in the Premier League.

The Hammers travel to face Swansea in a televised match on Sunday, and they go into the match as narrow underdogs.

And Bilic, who ordered the club to move training grounds to decrease the risk of injury, believes his players could return to the side soon.

“Every day I talk to my medical department,” said the Croatian. “We had Enner Valencia back ahead of schedule and also it looks as though Lanzini and Payet might also be ahead of their planned return date.

“Lanzini looks the most likely to return. Whether that will be for Swansea next Sunday I don’t know.”

Bilic took his first training session at Rush Green on Monday, and he is hoping the better pitches at the site will help reduce the kind of injury which Winston Reid suffered last week when he damaged a hamstring at their Chadwell Heath base.

The 47-year-old said: “It’s not about the dressing rooms or the sauna, it’s about the pitches and they are much better.”

Related Articles

Your Say