Bournemouth re-sign Grabban after paying Norwich £7million

Date published: Monday 11th January 2016 8:42

Lewis Grabban: Moves back to Dean Court

Lewis Grabban: Moves back to Dean Court

Bournemouth made it two strikers in as many days as they snapped up Lewis Grabban from Norwich for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £7million.

Grabban – who scored 35 goals during his first two-year stay at Dean Court – joins on a three-and-a-half-year deal and his arrival comes a day after the capture of Benik Afobe from Wolves.

Former Rotherham player Grabban, 27, helped Norwich earn promotion to the Barclays Premier League last season.

“I think we’ll be getting a better Lewis Grabban, but he’ll realise that we’ve got better as well and he will have to adapt too. But we’re in no doubt we’re getting a good player back,” manager Eddie Howe told his club’s official website.

“He’s also someone who was popular in the dressing room behind the scenes he’s a strong motivator and we’re delighted to be bringing him back.”

Earlier, Howe had spoken of his excitement at the potential of Afobe but is determined not to place any pressure on the young striker to make an immediate impact.

Afobe, 22, joined the Cherries from Sky Bet Championship side Wolves for an undisclosed fee on Sunday and has signed a four-and-half-year deal.

The former Arsenal player has been a regular goalscorer in the lower leagues, including a prolific stint with MK Dons last season, and Howe believes he has ability to do well in the top flight as well.

“He is entering a new league and that is going to be a big experience for him but we believe he can make the step up,” Howe told a press conference.

“He is strong, you just look at him and know he is going to be a handful, but he has good technique.

“I am excited by that because I think there is a lot of potential in him and he is a really good age, and I think there are a lot of good years ahead of him.”

It remains to be seen when Afobe will make his Bournemouth debut, with the striker waiting for clearance to see if he will be available to face West Ham on Tuesday, but whatever happens Howe does not want to put too many demands on his new player straight away.

Howe added: “He may need a little bit of time to settle as most new players do for us because of the way we play, so we are not placing huge expectation on his shoulders.

“He is someone who can play the role the way we like it to be played and I think he will be a success, but we are going to need to work on him like we do all other players.”

Although he has already made two early swoops in the transfer market, Howe is still confident of attracting more players to Bournemouth before the window closes.

“We are still looking, no guarantees but we are hoping to add to the squad,” the 38-year-old said.

“Like any transfer window it is an important window, we want to try and bring the right players to the club with the right attitudes.

“I have been excited by the signings we have had so far, if we can add a bit more quality then I think we will be in a really healthy position.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Home Forums Bournemouth re-sign Grabban after paying Norwich £7million

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NOLU 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #787721
    James Marshment
    James Marshment
    Keymaster

    Bournemouth made it two strikers in as many days as they snapped up Lewis Grabban from Norwich for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £7m.

    [See the full post at: Bournemouth re-sign Grabban after paying Norwich £7million]

    #789098

    NOLU
    Participant

    Norwich must be laughing all the way to the bank. Next time I do a car boot sale, I hope Eddie Howe walks past as I have some old tat I could flog him for big money. Did Bournemouth learn nothing from QPR ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.