Southampton will hope to claim a club-record fourth successive away clean sheet when they travel to face Bournemouth in their Premier League clash at Dean Court on Tuesday evening.
Junior Stanislas is expected to miss out for Bournemouth with hamstring trouble.
The pacy forward underwent a scan on Monday but despite still awaiting the long-term prognosis, was not expected to be ready for Tuesday’s Saints clash.
Striker Lewis Grabban will face a late fitness test on a groin strain, while Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe will weigh up whether to start Max Gradel as he continues his phased return after a long-term knee injury.
Shane Long will face a late fitness test for Southampton.
Saints boss Ronald Koeman rated Long’s chances of beating a hamstring problem as “50-50” ahead of the Dean Court trip.
Victor Wanyama will sit out the third game of his five-match ban, imposed after his three red cards this season.
- Southampton are unbeaten in the last six league meetings with Bournemouth, winning the last five in a row.
- Southampton have scored just six goals in their last nine Barclays Premier League away matches.
- Saints have kept three clean sheets in a row on the road. They have never kept four consecutive clean sheets away from home in the Premier League.
- The Cherries have won just two of their last 10 Premier League home games (W2 D3 L5).
- Bournemouth have scored just eight goals in their 10 Premier League matches since Boxing Day – failing to score in half (5) of these games.
- Fraser Forster has kept a clean sheet in 51.4% of his appearances in the Premier League (19/37) – the best ratio of any goalkeeper to have played 30+ games in the competition.
- Forster has the best save to shots ratio of all goalkeepers in the Premier League this season (90%).
- Shane Long has scored in his last two Premier League appearances – he has never scored in three consecutive apps in the competition.
- Saints have scored a league-high 11 goals from headers in the Premier League this season.
- Bournemouth have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games in 2015-16 so far (8).