Carlisle takeover rumbles on

Date published: Monday 27th July 2015 3:14

The Cumbrians pulled out of a takeover deal with businessman Andrew Lapping earlier this month but confirmed they were in preliminary talks with another party.

Chairman Andrew Jenkins said: “We asked for a meeting with the agent to confirm where he feels we currently stand, in terms of moving things forward, and we received confirmation that dialogue is set to continue with this investor.

“We were told that it was felt our talks were both progressive and positive and we have agreed to move on to another stage where more definitive and detailed discussions will take place.

“The subject of confidentiality was raised and we were instructed that the current confidentiality agreement remains in place, as requested by the investor and his representatives.

“This is normal business practice as we go through a period of further discussion and, in due course, due diligence.

“We will be in contact with the agent again this week to finalise details of the next steps to be taken.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *