Chelsea and Man United target ready to ponder Santos exit

Date published: Tuesday 23rd August 2016 7:57

Gabriel Barbosa: Chose Inter Milan

Gabriel Barbosa: Chose Inter Milan

Santos and Brazil forward Gabriel Barbosa is ready to think about a move to Chelsea or Man United following the conclusion of the Olympics.

The 19-year-old helped Brazil win the Olympic football tournament for the first time in their history and will head back to his league club Santos to hold talks with his representatives.

Barbosa told reporters: “Up until now, I haven’t really had the time to think about anything because my attention was completely on the Olympics.

“Now I will celebrate with my family, then I will return to Santos and think about what I should do.”

Barbosa’s agent has previously dismissed Manchester United’s interest as nothing but “pure speculation”, but Santos president Modesto Roma has also revealed that he has spoken to the Red Devils, as well as two other clubs.

“We had productive conversations,” Roma said.

“We didn’t come to buy or sell players, neither in London or Madrid. We came to build up relationships.

“There weren’t offers, but we did talk about partnerships. I talked to Manchester United, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid.”

Related Articles

Your Say