Chelsea look to Serie A with David Luiz exit likely

Date published: Wednesday 29th November 2017 9:30

Chelsea are expected to renew their interest in Juventus wing-back Alex Sandro in January, according to a report.

The Daily Express suggests Conte will make another move for the £60million-rated wing-back after failing to sign the Brazilian in the summer.

Conte was not happy with the club’s summer business and he will attempt to put that right in the next window with at least two new players arriving at Stamford Bridge.

One man who could be heading out of Chelsea is David Luiz with Real Madrid already understood to have held transfer talks with the Brazilian.

According to French outlet RMC Sport, Luiz has held discussions with Real over a possible January transfer.

Luiz and Conte apparently had a difference of opinion at the tactics used in Chelsea’s recent 3-0 hammering by Roma in the Champions League.

The Brazilian was then dropped against Man Utd and he has made just one appearance since then – against Qarabag in the Champions League.

Asked if Luiz had a future immediately after the United match, Conte told Sky Sports: “I don’t know. He has to work really hard otherwise they are on the bench or in the stand.”

Luiz though now appears to have picked up a knee problem and has been ruled out of tonight’s clash with Swansea.

Asked whether Luiz’s absence was down to an old injury or a new one, Conte said: “In this moment, it’s very difficult for me to answer this question. It will be for the doctor to assess the situation and then to take the best decision.”

The Express report claims Luiz is also interesting Manchester United with his future under Conte in doubt.

Luiz, 30, is under contract until 2019, after being signed by Conte from PSG on deadline day in August 2016.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments