Chelsea opt against offering Pato a permanent deal

Date published: Wednesday 8th June 2016 10:29

Pato: On the hunt for a new club in Europe

Pato: On the hunt for a new club in Europe

Chelsea are understood to have decided against offering Alexandre Pato a contract at Stamford Bridge. 

The Brazilian moved to west London on loan from Corinthians in January but did not make an appearance in Guus Hiddink’s side until April 2, when he scored from the penalty spot in a win at Aston Villa before starting against Swansea, when the Blues were beaten 1-0.

New Blues boss Antonio Conte is said to have been reviewing his new squad, with the club giving no hint at the end of the season whether Pato would be offered a permanent deal.

But it seems Chelsea have now opted against offering the 26-year-old a contract, with Goal reporting that Conte has instructed the club to focus their attention on recruiting new strikers.

Alvaro Morato is said to be a priority target, though Romelu Lukaku and Gonzalo Higuain have also been linked.

Pato last week spoke of his desire to remain in Europe if Chelsea chose not to retain him.

 

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323