Chelsea plot shock move for West Ham playmaker – report

Date published: Tuesday 23rd May 2017 9:13

Premier League champions Chelsea are reportedly plotting a summer raid on London rivals West Ham as they look to sign playmaker Manuel Lanzini.

Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo is said to be a big admirer of the 24-year-old and believes he has the potential that Luka Modric showed during his time in England with Tottenham.

Lanzini ended the season in fine form, including grabbing the winner against bitter rivals Spurs, and that has led to a first senior call-up by Argentina.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is looking to bolster his ranks, with the Blues facing the challenge of Champions League football next season as they also look to defend their Premier League crown.

Lanzini is seen as a direct replacement for Cesc Fabregas, with the veteran midfielder seemingly moving on this summer, according to the report in The Sun.

Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for the technician, who admitted only last week that he was happy with life at the London Stadium and was not thinking of quitting the club like team-mate Dimitri Payet did in January.

Lanzini said: ”The season was good for me on a personal level, at the beginning it was not great [as I suffered an injury on international duty in pre-season], but then I could achieve a good level.

“Dimi is a great player, he left and it was not a good news for the squad but luckily at the end I had a very good season.

“I am very happy here.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments