Chelsea have already surpassed last season’s Premier League total as Olivier Giroud shows Arsenal he is no ‘Plan B’ option. Here’s the best stats from Saturday’s games – courtesy of OPTA.
Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 West Bromwich Albion
- Spurs won their sixth consecutive Premier League game, equalling their existing record in the competition (six games, last done in February 2016).
- Harry Kane hit the 60 Premier League goal mark faster than any other Tottenham player in the competition (99 games).
- Kane has now scored 94% of his Premier League goals for Tottenham inside the box (58 of 62).
- The defeat for West Brom marks their joint-heaviest Premier League defeat under Tony Pulis (along with 0-4 v Manchester City in October 2016).
- The Baggies conceded more than twice in a Premier League away game for the first time since January 16th of last year – 364 days ago (0-3 v Southampton).
- The last 10 Premier League goals scored by Tottenham players have been netted by Harry Kane or Dele Alli (five each).
- No player has scored more Premier League hat-tricks for Tottenham than Harry Kane (3, level with Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe).
- Only Kevin de Bruyne (9) has provided more assists than Christian Eriksen in the Premier League this season.
Burnley 1-0 Southampton
- Burnley have won four consecutive home Premier League games for only the second time, after the won each of their first four home games ever in the competition back in 2009/10.
- Southampton haven’t won any of their last four league visits to Burnley, last beating them there in the Championship in October 2007.
Sean Dyche’s side have won six of their last seven home league games (L1).
- Southampton have failed to find the back of the net in four of their last five Premier League away games
- Saints’ Premier League games this season have produced a league-low 17 first-half goals (8 for, 9 against).
- It took until the 40th minute for the first shot on target in this game, courtesy of a James Ward-Prowse effort.
- Joey Barton scored his Premier League goal since April 2015 (for QPR v West Brom).
- The Clarets have now scored in 10 consecutive home league clashes with Southampton (last failing to do so in March 1971).
- Southampton mustered 20 shots in the game, their most in a Premier League fixture without scoring this season.
Hull City 3-1 Bournemouth
- Hull enjoyed their first win in their last 10 Premier League games (D3 L6).
- The Cherries have conceded exactly three goals in seven of their last nine top-flight games.
- Eddie Howe’s side have registered just two wins in their last 13 top-flight away games, drawing two and losing nine.
- Artur Boruc is the fourth Polish player to make 100 Premier League appearances (also Szczesney 132, Dudek 127 and Fabianski 127).
- Ryan Fraser has won three penalties in the Premier League this season, a joint-high figure (level with Dele Alli and Christian Benteke).
- Junior Stanislas has been involved in 14 Premier League goals for Bournemouth (7 goals, 7 assists), a joint-high along with Charlie
- Abel Hernandez netted a brace in this game, as many goals as in his previous 30 Premier League appearances.
- Robert Snodgrass has been directly involved in 10 of Hull’s 20 Premier League goals this season (7 goals, 3 assists).
Sunderland 1-3 Stoke City
- Stoke have beaten Sunderland twice in the same league season for the first time since 1993-94.
- The Potters scored three goals in a Premier League away game for the first time since February 2016 (3-1 vs Bournemouth).
- Only Jonathan Walters (41) and Peter Crouch (36) have scored more Premier League goals for Stoke City than Marko Arnautovic (19, level with Charlie Adam).
- Arnautovic scored his first Premier League goals in 12 games, since netting against Crystal Palace in September.
- Only Alan Shearer (23) has scored more Premier League goals in January than Jermain Defoe (21, level with Frank Lampard).
- Peter Crouch scored his 99th Premier League goal, and his 48th headed goal in the competition.
- Jack Rodwell has yet to be on the winning side in any of his 35 Premier League starts for Sunderland.
- The Black Cats became just the second team not to use any of their substitutes in a Premier League game this season, after Hull against Leicester on the opening day.
Swansea City 0-4 Arsenal
- Arsenal have scored 27 goals away from home in the Premier League this season, at least five more than any other side (Liverpool and Manchester City 22).
- Indeed, the Gunners have scored four or more goals in four away Premier League games this season, their most in a single campaign since 2002-03.
- Olivier Giroud has scored in each of his last nine starts in all competitions for the Gunners, netting 11 goals in total.
- Giroud scored his 92nd goal for Arsenal in all comps, and only his 9th with his right foot (55 left foot, 28 headed).
- Swansea City became the first team to score two own goals in a Premier League match since Queens Park Rangers against Liverpool in October 2014.
- This was also the first time Arsenal benefitted from two own goals for the first time since September 2012 (vs Southampton).
- Alexis Sanchez has been involved in more goals than any other Premier League player this season (21 – 14 goals, 7 assists).
- The Swans have conceded 4+ goals in three of their last five Premier League home games. They’d only conceded four or more in three of their previous 62 league games at the Liberty Stadium.
Watford 0-0 Middlesbrough
- The Hornets haven’t lost to Middlesbrough in the league since October 2012, seven games without defeat (W4 D3).
- There were just three shots in the first half between Watford and Middlesbrough; the lowest first half total of the season.
- Watford ended a run of 10 successive Premier League games without a clean sheet, with their first shut-out since October 2016 (v Hull).
- In contrast, Middlesbrough have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League games, recording just one win in that period (D2 L4).
- The Hornets have failed to score in the first half in 14 of their last 16 Premier League games.
- Rudy Gestede has played 32 consecutive Premier League games without a win; the longest ever run in the competition.
West Ham United 3-0 Crystal Palace
- West Ham recorded their first home league win against Crystal Palace since a 3-0 victory in October 2003.
- Crystal Palace lost their fifth consecutive Premier League London derby, equalling their worst such run in the competition (five games, last done in March 1998).
- The Eagles have failed to score in five successive Premier League London derbies, their worst such run since failing to score in six in March 1995.
- Andy Carroll has scored five goals in his last three home Premier League London derbies for West Ham.
- Manuel Lanzini has scored a goal in each of his four Premier League appearances against Crystal Palace; double the amount he’s scored against any other Premier League club.
- Michail Antonio has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other West Ham player this season – 11 (8 goals, 3 assists).
- Michail Antonio is the first West Ham player to provide three assists in a Premier League game since Paolo Di Canio vs Coventry in April 2000.
- Indeed, Antonio recorded his first Premier League assists since April 2016 (v Arsenal) and it’s the first time he has bagged three in an English league game.
Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea
- Chelsea have already picked up more points in the Premier League this season (52) than they managed in the whole of 2015/16 (50).
- The Foxes have lost as many home league games in their last three, as they had done in their previous 30 Premier League games at the King Power.
- This was Leicester’s heaviest home defeat in the league since September 2015 (2-5 v Arsenal).
- Chelsea have won the last 10 games that they have been leading at half-time in the Premier League this season.
- The Blues have scored five goals in the opening 10 minutes of Premier League action so far this season – a league high total.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League away games outside of London (W7 D2), scoring 17 and conceding just five.
- Marcos Alonso is only the third Chelsea defender to score a brace in the Premier League (also John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic).
- Pedro has been directly involved in more Premier League goals this season than the whole of last season (10 – five goals, five assists).