Chelsea have lost only one of their last 17 Premier League games against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge going into Saturday’s latest encounter.
Chelsea striker Diego Costa is available following a three-game suspension, while Nemanja Matic and Gary Cahill are fit following leg and hip injuries respectively.
Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink is likely to make some changes following the loss at Swansea, when Alexandre Pato and Matt Miazga were among the starters, but John Terry (Achilles), Eden Hazard (hip/groin) and Loic Remy (groin) remain out.
Vincent Kompany is likely to again miss out for Manchester City with his calf injury, with Tuesday night’s game against Newcastle United a more likely return date.
Manchester City playmaker David Silva will also sit it out against Chelsea to further rest an ankle problem, while Raheem Sterling is back in training after a groin injury but may also find Saturday’s game come too soon.
Kick-off at Stamford Bridge is at 5.30pm.
- Chelsea have won 11 and lost just one of their last 17 Premier League games against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.
- However, Chelsea have won just one of their last seven Premier League home games, drawing the other six.
- The Londoners have gone nine games on home soil without a clean sheet in the Premier League, their longest ever such run in the Premier League.
- Indeed, the last time Chelsea conceded in 10 consecutive top-flight home games was between April and November 1970.
- Chelsea have now lost 10 Premier League games this season – more than in 2014-15 and 2013-14 combined (9).
- Guus Hiddink has not lost two league games in a row as a club manager since February 2004 whilst at PSV Eindhoven.
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away matches (W3 D3 L1).
- Sergio Agüero has scored 10 goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances for Manchester City.
- Despite appearing in just 21 of Man City’s 32 Premier League games this season, Kevin De Bruyne has created more chances than any other player in their squad (69).