Chelsea are unbeaten in nine Premier League home games against West Ham going into Saturday’s latest encounter at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard faces up to four weeks out with a hip injury, according to Belgium boss Marc Wilmots, while Diego Costa is suspended following his sending-off against Everton last weekend.
West Ham defenders James Tomkins (calf) and James Collins (hamstring) are out until after the international break, and on-loan Chelsea winger Victor Moses is ineligible to face his parent club, but Sam Byram comes back into contention after being cup-tied for last week’s draw at Manchester United.
- Chelsea have won seven and lost none of their last nine Premier League games against West Ham at Stamford Bridge.
- The Blues have kept six clean sheets and conceded just three goals in that nine game run.
- Overall, West Ham have won just two of the last 19 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (W2 D3 L14).
- The Blues are unbeaten in 13 Premier League games since Jose Mourinho left (W6 D7) but have only won two at home (W2 D5).
- The Hammers have lost just two of their last 16 Premier League matches (W7 D7 L2).
- Diego Costa has had a hand in 12 of Chelsea’s 22 Premier League goals since Guus Hiddink took charge of the club (eight goals, four assists) but will be suspended for this match.
- Dimitri Payet has five goals and five assists in his last seven competitive appearances for West Ham.
- Payet has had a hand in 21 goals this season in all competitions for West Ham (11 goals, 10 assists), 12 more than any other West Ham player.
- Michail Antonio has scored five headers from just five headed attempts on target in the Premier League this season.
- Chelsea are the only team in the Premier League not to concede a goal inside the opening 15 minutes of a match this season.