Chelsea’s Hazard refutes latest transfer speculation

Date published: Thursday 14th April 2016 9:26

Hazard

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard has denied that a deal with Real Madrid has already been agreed.

Reports from Spain earlier this week claimed the Belgium star had agreed a £32million move to the Spanish giants, but the 25-year-old has refuted that talk and insists he is happy at Stamford Bridge.

“I don’t know who’s saying that, but it’s not true,” Hazard told Belgium’s Antenne Centre TV.

“At the moment, I’m at Chelsea. First, I have to finish the season and I still have a contract for four years. I’m there, and I’m currently feeling good over there. I want to be on the pitch as soon as possible. With Chelsea.”

Hazard has been heavily criticised for his performances this season, and has failed to score in the Premier League this season after winning the PFA Player of the Year last season and guiding the Blues to the Premier League title.

Hazard, currently sidelined with a hip problem, is believed to be back in training at Cobham, but he has not featured since last month’s Champions League exit to PSG and was omitted from Marc Wilmots’ Belgium squad for the friendly against Portugal.

Last week incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte reportedly told the club to put Hazard up for sale and while Hazard has repeatedly spoken of his commitment to Chelsea, Real boss Zinedine Zidane remains a big admirer of Hazard, who has four years left to run on his Chelsea deal.

The player also incurred the wrath of the club ahead of the Champions League showdown with PSG in Paris in February when he claimed it would be “difficult to say no to PSG”.

 

Related Articles

Your Say