Coutinho labels Barcelona transfer speculation ‘complicated’

Date published: Monday 12th June 2017 6:44

Liverpool talisman Philippe Coutinho has admitted speaking about the transfer links to Barcelona is “complicated”.

Coutinho has continually been linked with a move to Catalonia in 2017 and some reports in Spain have suggested the Brazil star’s move to Spain is a done deal.

And Coutinho’s Brazil team-mate Neymar said in March that he believes Coutinho would be the “perfect fit” for the Catalan club.

The 24-year-old though has maintained he is a Liverpool player and claimed that was his “focus”.

Speaking to the press ahead of Brazil’s friendly with Australia, Coutinho said: ‘Talking about this [Barcelona] is complicated.

“I have a contract with my club and it’s long so my focus is on the present and the national team.

“My focus is here.”

Coutinho, who is contracted at Anfield until the summer of 2022, has scored 42 goals in 182 appearances for Liverpool since arriving on Merseyside back in 2013.

Last month the player maintained he had not had any contact with Barca.

“Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world, so far, nothing has come to me, because if anything comes, it comes to my manager, what I have to do is focus on the pitch,” Coutinho told ESPN Brasil.

“I have a contract with Liverpool, there are two games, there are a lot of chances for us to be in the Champions League next year.

“What I have to do is focus on football and those things are resolved by the business people.

“I’m happy to know that a great club has an interest, it’s cool, for the recognition of their work, what I have to do is keep working hard.

“Liverpool is a great club and we have to put Liverpool back in the Champions League.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments