Philippe Coutinho has reportedly told Liverpool that he wants to leave Anfield and join Barcelona this summer.
Speculation has been rife that Barca will look to replace Neymar – who joined PSG in a world-record £198m deal last week – with the Brazilian playmaker.
The Catalans are understood to have had bids of £72m and £80m turned down by the Merseysiders, with the Reds desperate to keep hold of their prized asset.
However, sources have told ESPN Brasil that the 25-year-old is willing to hand in a transfer request if it means forcing through a move to the Nou Camp and that he has told the club he wants to leave.
Coutinho’s agents Kia Joorabchian and Sam Kohansal are also thought to have spoken to Barcelona and asked them to increase their bid to £100m in an attempt to break Liverpool’s resolve.
While other reports claim three Barca chiefs have flown into England with the aim of getting a deal done by Tuesday night so he can play against Real Madrid this coming Sunday.
Reds chief Jurgen Klopp has remained adamant that they won’t be entertaining offers for Coutinho, he said recently: “Don’t waste your energy.
“In this moment it’s about transfers and I’ve nothing to say. I cannot talk about this just because a Barcelona guy starts talking.
“Did he say they come to Liverpool and do business? Something like this? They want to come over? They are funny. I don’t want things like this.”