Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho is keen to leave Anfield and join Barcelona in January, according to reports in the Spanish press.
It emerged on Monday that the European champions were prepared to test the water with a £22.25million bid for the Brazilian when the transfer window opens in January.
Now Spanish newspaper Sport claim the 23-year-old would be ‘happy to sign’ for the La Liga club.
Last week, Coutinho’s Brazil team-mate Neymar tried to woo the player to the Nou Camp, but Coutinho insisted his focus was at Anfield.
Last week, Coutinho’s compatriot and current Barca star Neymar hailed the midfielder.
“I am totally focussed on Liverpool. I heard what Neymar said but I want to do well with Liverpool,” he said.
“I am happy here and I hope this season will go well for us.
“Of course it is a nice thing that he said. Everyone knows he’s my friend but I am here and focused on Liverpool to help them do good things on the pitch, starting with beating Everton.”
Coutinho has been a major success at Liverpool since signing from Inter Milan for £8.5million in January 2013, but his future has been at the centre of speculation ever since former skipper Steven Gerrard suggested the player will be a future player for Barcelona or Real Madrid.
The Liverpool Your Say forum is back! Join the debate with fellow Reds right here.