Newcastle United are unbeaten in 12 games against Crystal Palace going into Saturday’s Premier League clash at Selhurst Park.
Bakary Sako is expected to miss out for Crystal Palace with the hamstring strain he suffered against Sunderland last weekend, while Connor Wickham could lose his place up front to fit-again Maroaune Chamakh after failing to score against his former club.
Newcastle, meanwhile, are likely to be without Cheick Tiote, who suffered a groin injury early in last weekend’s defeat to Leicester City. With Jack Colback also out injured, Florian Thauvin, Yoan Gouffran and Siem de Jong are the likely contenders to step into midfield.
- Newcastle United have lost none of their last 11 matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions (W8 D3 L0).
- Alan Pardew joined Crystal Palace shortly after leaving Newcastle in December 2014. He won 37% of league games as boss of the Magpies. Since he left the Magpies have won 16%.
- Papiss Cisse has scored in both of his Premier League outings against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have won only three of their last 11 Premier League home games (W3 D1 L7).
- Newcastle’s 1-0 win at Bournemouth ended a run of 12 Premier League away games without a win (D2 L10).
- The Magpies have scored three goals away from home in their last 12 Premier League road trips.
- Newcastle have failed to score in seven of their Premier League matches this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
- 20 of the 27 goals in games involving Crystal Palace the Premier League this season have come in the second-half (74%).
- Wilfried Zaha has embarked on a league-high 95 dribbles in the Premier League this season, at an average of one every eight minutes 49 seconds.
- Georginio Wijnaldum has been directly involved in eight of Newcastle’s 13 top flight goals this season (six goals, two assists), equating to 62% of the Magpies’ total haul.