Alan Pardew will be looking to build on Crystal Palace’s impressive start to the season when they host away-day specialists West Ham at Selhurst Park on Saturday.
Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has been boosted by the return from injury of several first-team players for the game.
Midfielders Mile Jedinak, Lee Chung-yong and Jordon Mutch, and defender Damien Delaney, are all fully fit following the international break.
Pardew is, however, still without strikers Connor Wickham (calf) and Marouane Chamakh (hamstring), and defender Joel Ward (knee).
West Ham can welcome back Andy Carroll, Enner Valencia and Angelo Ogbonna.
Carroll has recovered from the knock which kept him out of the draw at Sunderland a fortnight ago, fellow forward Valencia is over the knee injury he suffered on Europa League duty in July – although he is short of match fitness – and centre-half Ogbonna is fit after a hamstring problem.
Defenders Winston Reid and Aaron Cresswell hope to shake off minor niggles, but midfielder Alex Song (ankle) is three weeks away from returning.
- The last time that Crystal Palace had more points after eight games in a top-flight season (15 this season) was in 1990-91 (16 points) – they finished third that season.
- Dimitri Payet has had a hand in 14 goals (five goals, nine assists) in his last 16 league appearances (Premier League & Ligue 1 combined).
- Alan Pardew has won 58% of his PL games as Crystal Palace manager; he won just 36% as Hammers boss between 2003 and 2006.
- Both meetings between these sides last term ended in 3-1 away wins.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored both of Crystal Palace’s goals in this exact fixture in the last two campaigns, against the side he spent time at on loan in 2013.
- 15 of the 18 goals in games featuring Crystal Palace this season have come after half-time (both scored and conceded).
- No player has made more interceptions this season than Yohan Cabaye (30, level with Jordan Amavi).
- West Ham, unbeaten in four on the road, have not gone five Premier League away games without defeat since January 2009 (7).