Debuchy confirms he will ‘look at the offers’ to leave Arsenal

Date published: Tuesday 8th December 2015 12:21

Mathieu Debuchy: Defender has made six starts this term

Mathieu Debuchy: Defender has made six starts this term

Mathieu Debuchy admits he is considering leaving Arsenal in January as he needs first-team football ahead of Euro 2016.

Last month the right-back said he would wait until December before speaking with Arsene Wenger about his decision, having fallen behind Hector Bellerin in the pecking order at the Emirates.

Since speaking to Canal Plus he has started played only once more – in the 3-0 victory over Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League.

“I’m waiting to talk to the boss, we talked earlier in the season on the subject. I have to accept the competition [from Bellerin] at the moment. But currently, I need playing time. It’s clear that I need to talk again with the boss,” the 30-year-old told RMC Radio.

“I’ll look at the offers to move. love England and the football here, but why not return to France. In the summer Wenger told me we’d talk if I was not happy with my situation in December. It is now December.

“Of course I would be disappointed not to make the Euros, it’s probably my last chance to play in such a situation.”

Debuchy – who has reportedly attracted interest from Roma – was recently dropped from the France squad by Didier Deschamps, despite largely being the manager’s first-choice right-back.

And Deschamps hinted that the 30-year-old may need to move to prolong his international career.

“Mathieu Debuchy is in a position where he is playing very little, when he does play, look at yesterday’s result,” Deschamps said after Debuchy started Arsenal’s 5-1 mauling at the hands of Bayern Munich.

“He has a decision to make in December or January. He hasn’t lost his quality, he’s playing very little.”

Related Articles

Your Say