Deschamps tells Kylian Mbappe where his next step should be

Date published: Wednesday 10th May 2017 9:41

France boss Didier Deschamps has told Kylian Mbappe to stay at Monaco this summer.

The 18-year-old hot-shot has taken Ligue 1 by storm this season and made an impact in the Champions League as the principality club reached the last four, only to lose to Juventus.

Mbappe has been linked with a world-record move to Manchester United, while Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid are all believed to be interested in luring the player away from France.

Deschamps though, who handed Mbappe his France debut earlier this season, believes moving in the summer would be the wrong step for the striker.

“From my experience, I’d say he should stay at Monaco for further development,” Deschamps told L’Equipe.

Mbappe, who has 12 assists, took his goal tally to 25 in 41 appearances this term with his strike in last night’s 2-1 defeat to Juve.

He is contracted to Monaco until June 2019 and they are believed to be hoping to keep the player for one more year before selling him for £100million-plus next summer.

The player last week admitted a decision over his future was looming, although his only focus was helping Monaco, who are top and three points clear with just three games remaining, win the Ligue 1 title.

“There will be two months, two and a half months, to make a decision as to what I’m going to do, so no, the rumours won’t affect me,” he said last week.

“We’ve got a common objective and I really want to win a title with the club that brought me through.

“Until then, nothing will disturb me and I think that I’m going to continue like that until the end of the season.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments