Diego Costa has hit back angrily at reports from Spain that his move to China has already been rubber-stamped.
The Chelsea striker has reportedly agreed terms on a £30million-a-year deal summer deal with Tianjin Quanjian, which will make him one of the highest paid players in the world.
Spanish journalist Manu Carreno revealed on his Cadena Ser radio show ‘The Rail’ said that the Spain striker’s move to the Far East is “total” and “absolute”.
Costa, 28, who joined Chelsea from Ateltico Madrid in a £32million deal in 2014 – wanted to move in January but Antonio Conte refused to sanction the deal with the Premier League title up for grabs.
Tianjin Quanjian offered over £70million for Costa last month, but they have not been put off and have reportedly arranged a pre-contract with the forward for the summer.
Blues boss Conte was predictably coy about the talk at his Friday press call.
“Every week I hear a lot of news, a lot of speculation about Diego,” Conte said. “I think now the most important thing is to be focused on this championship.
“We are in a good position. Diego is an important player for us, is very happy to stay for us. The summer is far (away). It’s important to think to the present.”
Costa though has reacted to the news and wrote on Instagram: “They took too much sh*t!!! come on Chelsea.”