Dortmund deny £70million Aubameyang transfer talk

Date published: Monday 30th May 2016 10:10

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Turns back on possible Man City move

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Turns back on possible Man City move

Borussia Dortmund have played a straight bat to reports that star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would be allowed to leave the club this summer.

The striker, who scored 39 goals in all competitions for Dortmund last season, has been linked with a number of top clubs in Europe, with the likes of Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester United all touted as possible destinations.

Speculation over his future intensified following reports over the weekend Gabon manager Jorge Costa had been asked not to select him against Mauritania “because he is in the process of changing clubs” in a potential £70million deal.

However, Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke told Sport Bild: “That’s all nonsense.”

Aubameyang has been with Dortmund since 2013 and last summer he signed a new contract until 2020.

He has previously said that it would be his dream to play in Spain, while in January the player was also linked with a move to the Premier League.

However, Watzke said at the time: “In all serious, even if such an offer would come in, that would be irrelevant for us. We are simply not selling Auba.”

The striker, now rated as one of the best in Europe, revealed last month how he could have ended up signing for Newcastle United.

Related Articles

Your Say