Draxler staying with Wolfsburg and ‘there is no discussion’

Date published: Friday 15th July 2016 10:37

Julian Draxler: Attacker previously linked with Arsenal

Julian Draxler: Attacker previously linked with Arsenal

Wolfsburg’s director of sport Klaus Allofs has ruled out selling reported Arsenal target Julian Draxler this summer.

The Wolves only signed Draxler from Schalke last summer but the Germany international is being linked with a move away from the Volkswagen Arena, with the Gunners among those clubs reportedly interested in his services.

ESPN reported earlier this month that Arsenal had opened negotiations with Wolfsburg and launched a £43million bid for the player, but nothing more has developed.

And now Allofs says the 22-year-old attacking midfielder is going nowhere.

“The situation with Draxler is 100 per cent certain that he will be staying at Wolfsburg,” Allofs told sport1.de. There is no discussing that.”

However the Bundesliga side could be open to the sale of former Chelsea midfielder Andre Schurrle.

Gonzalo Higuain & Julian Draxler: Impressive stats

The 25-year-old has attracted the attention of Borussia Dortmund and Allofs cannot guarantee the Germany star will remain at Wolfsburg.

“The situation is different with him,” Allofs said. “We don’t want to sell him and given the way he developed last season, we would like to keep hold of him and we see him taking on a lead role.

“But Andre has told the coach quite clearly that Borussia Dortmund’s interest has got him thinking.

“We’ve had to deal with this situation lately, but nothing has happened yet. It’s not unlikely, therefore, that Andre stays with Wolfsburg.”

Related Articles

Your Say