€50m Arsenal, Spurs target admits he wanted January move

Date published: Sunday 4th February 2018 2:51

Reported Arsenal and Tottenham target Malcom has lifted the lid over the January transfer window, admitting he wanted to leave.

The 20-year-old was linked with both North London clubs in January, having scored eight Ligue 1 goals this season so far in what has been a breakout year.

Arsenal were reportedly closest to signing the Brazilian, with claims early in January stating that the player has been offered a five-year contract and would move for €50million.

The player’s agent, Leonardo Cornacini of Elenko Sports, was in London last month, fuelling the speculation.

Now Malcom has admitted that he wanted to leave Bordeaux in January, but stayed to help the club out.

“I wanted to leave, I tell the truth,” Malcom said to Telefoot. “It’s my dream to progress in my career.

“I spoke with the president [Stephane Martin], he told me that he knew it was my dream, but that he needed me.

“I told him he could count on me until the end [of the season]. I will do everything to bring Bordeaux to the top six in Ligue 1.

“I know I can do better,” Malcom continued.

“I will try to do everything because I like Bordeaux. I will give everything until the end to show that I stayed to help and do better.”

 

The best Gunners news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Arsenal Facebook page.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments