Euro Paper Talk: £45m target lifts Arsenal; Liverpool striker link

Date published: Monday 19th February 2018 8:30

Arsenal have been given hope of signing a £45m summer target, while Jose Mourinho could have damaged his chances of signing Antoine Griezmann, according to Monday’s European papers.



The agent of Lyon star Nabil Fekir has refused to rule out a summer move to Arsenal for his client.

The midfielder has been mentioned as one of four big-money summer targets for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, with Fekir valued at around £45million by the Ligue 1 side.

And after being questioned about the Gunners’ interest, agent Jean-Pierre Bernes failed to confirm that the Frenchman would remain at his current employers next season.

“Will Fekir still be at Lyon next season? It’s too early to talk about it,” he told Telefoot.

“After considering my relationship with [OL president] Jean-Michel Aulas, we will make the best decision.

“We have time, that’s the straight line. There are important goals and he is already in a big club.”

Discussing his own future recently, attacking midfielder Fekir said: “Is this my last season at Lyon? I don’t know what the future holds for me. I’ve still got two years left on my contract. So, I’m still Lyonnais.”

The best Gunners news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Arsenal Facebook page.



Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has posed for a picture with striker Sardar Azmoun on Instagram.

And that has sparked a transfer frenzy because Azmoun was linked with a move to Liverpool in January 2016.

The Daily Star have dubbed the 23-year-old the ‘Iranian Messi’. Klopp apparently wanted the Rubin Kazan forward as cover for Sadio Mane, who was on international duty.

♥️♥️♥️ the best

A post shared by IAmSardar (@sardar_azmoun) on

Azmoun was with FC Rostov back then, but he has since moved back to Rubin and has previously interested Arsenal, Everton and Celtic.

But now he is being linked with a move to Liverpool again after posting a picture alongside Klopp, three days ago, which has picked up over 206,000 likes on Instagram.



Antoine Griezmann has been left frustrated by Manchester United’s decision to sign Alexis Sanchez in January – and feels the move has blocked his chances of joining the club.

That’s according to Spanish publication Don Balon, who suggest the Atletico Madrid star was 100% intent on joining United this summer – but will now make alternative arrangements after Jose Mourinho’s capture of Sanchez.

The outlet believes Griezmann believed he was headed to Old Trafford in a €100m deal and would inherit United’s No 7 shirt – but after seeing Sanchez make the move, the Frenchman now fears all avenues to Old Trafford are closed.

And it’s claimed Griezmann has contacted Mourinho to express his upset and told the United boss he has been left with little choice but to move elsewhere, with Barcelona the obvious next port of call.

While the 27-year-old’s proposed move to Barcelona will be equally lucrative personally, he is aware leaving Atleti for a La Liga rival will tarnish his reputation among the Madrid club’s fans.


The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.



Bordeaux boss Gus Poyet says Premier League target Malcom will leave “sooner or later” (Marca)

Manchester United have reportedly made Toni Kroos their top midfield target this summer

Arsenal have sent scouts to observe Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly (Calciomercato)

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio is unhappy at his game time and could move to MLS in the summer (SportMediaset)

Liverpool’s bid to land Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini amid claims the 21-year-old is close to joining Juventus this summer (RAI Sport)

Another Liverpool target, Brazilian midfielder Allan, is close to renewing his contract with Napoli (La Repubblica)

Liverpool have reportedly agreed personal terms with summer target Alisson Becker, with Roma also chasing a deal for Malmo youngster Marko Johansson as a potential replacement (Gianluca Di Marzio)

Neymar, the world’s most expensive player, regrets making his record-breaking move to Paris Saint-Germain last summer, believing a lack of competition domestically will adversely affect PSG’s Champions League hopes (Don Balon)

Furthermore, it’s suggested Neymar has been told he can leave PSG by owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi once he leads the club to Champions League glory (Don Balon)

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has made Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne his top summer target with the club ready to offer as much as £177m for the Belgian creator (Don Balon)

Juventus have emerged as favourites to sign Gareth Bale this summer despite claims he has been offered to Chelsea as part of their efforts to lure Eden Hazard to the Bernabeu (Tuttosport)

Hazard has refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid this summer when questioned over the weekend (Telefoot)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has identified Valencia youngster Carlos Soler as a summer target. The 21-year-old Spaniard is also on the radar of Manchester United (Don Balon)

Sporting Lisbon are set to offer Rafael Leao a new contract amid interest from Manchester City in the 18-year-old striker (Record)

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has once again shut down rumours linking him with Real Madrid (Kicker)

Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij is mulling over a move to Inter Milan this summer after they offered him a five-year deal on €4m a season (Calciomercato)

Napoli midfielder Amadou Diawara is being targeted by Everton and Tottenham this summer, according to the player’s agent (Tuttomercatoweb)

AC Milan chiefs are ready to tie Gennaro Gattuso down to a long-term deal at the club after his impressive start to life in the dugout (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Barcelona scouted Ajax stars Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Donny van de Beek and Justin Kluivert during the club’s 1-0 win over PEC Zwolle (De Telegraaf)

Fiorentina boss Stefano Pioli has stated that he wants to keep hold of midfielder Milan Badelj amid claims he is wanted by Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Besiktas vice-president Ahmet Nur Cebi says the “door is always open” for Cenk Tosun to return to the club this summer if his move to Everton doesn’t work out (Haberturk)

Zinedine Zidane has told Real Madrid they must show Marco Asensio and Lucas Vazquez more love after the duo starred in their 5-3 win at Real Betis on Sunday (AS)

James Rodriguez has reportedly told his agent to hook him up with either Arsenal or Liverpool should Bayern Munich fail to agree a deal to turn his loan move into a permanent transfer (Sport Germany)

Barcelona target Arthur believes his World Cup hopes with Brazil would be boosted if he is able to seal a move to the Nou Camp from Gremio in the coming weeks (Sport)

Leicester City have sent scouts to watch Benfica pair Andre Almeida and Rafa Silva ahead of possible summer swoops (Record)

Rafa Silva (r): Linked with Liverpool move

Juventus have contacted the agent of out-of-favour Manchester United full-back Matteo Darmian with a view to a summer move for the Italy international (Calciomercato)

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa has bemoaned that officials ‘hate’ him and are unfair in punishing his indiscretions (Diario AS)

Arsene Wenger has reportedly handed Arsenal a list of four top players to sign for Arsenal this summer – featuring two Bundesliga stars and Lyon ace Nabil Fekir

Andre Carrillo will make his loan move to Watford permanent at the end of the season, according to Benfica club president Luis Felipe Vieira (Record)

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain faces a race against time to be fit for their Champions League return against Tottenham Hotspur (Tuttosport)


Related Articles