Euro Paper Talk: Man Utd star tipped for Fenerbahce switch; Sandro setback for Chelsea, Man City

Date published: Monday 6th November 2017 12:36

A top Chelsea and Manchester City target will be going nowhere in January, while Barcelona snubbed the chance to bring in a player eventually signed by Tottenham in the summer, according to Monday’s European papers.

JUVENTUS RULE OUT SALE OF DEFENSIVE STAR

Juventus have absolutely no intention of selling Chelsea and Manchester City target Alex Sandro in 2018.

The 26-year-old has been outstanding in his 13 appearances in all competitions for Massimiliano Allegri’s side so far this season, having been linked with a big-money Premier League switch throughout the summer.

Blues boss Antonio Conte was said to be desperate to bring in the Brazilian as he wanted more competition for Marcos Alonso in the left wing-back spot, while City are after reinforcements on the left side of their defence after Benjamin Mendy suffered a serious knee injury that could see him miss the rest of the season.

The report on Calciomercato claims that even if an offer of £60million came in, Juventus would not consider selling, especially in the January transfer window.

Sandro joined the reigning Serie A champions from Porto for €26m in August 2015 and has gone on to become one of European football’s top attacking full-backs – a position currently in high demand given that many top sides today have reverted to playing a back three with attacking wingbacks.

AND THE REST

Luke Shaw could be offered a way out of Manchester United by Turkish club Fenerbahce in January (Fanatik)

Inter Milan director of football Piero Ausilio has revealed Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic is happy to remain at the club (Premium Sport)

Tottenham defender Serge Aurier has claimed Barcelona pulled the plug on a deal to sign him because of his bad reputation (Canal Plus)

Giuseppe Marotta claims that Leonardo Bonucci left Juventus because he “made a decision” (Calciomercato)

Barcelona are fuming at Turkey international Arda Turan after he rejected an incredible £44 million move to the Chinese Super League (Mundo Deportivo)

Arsenal haven’t given up their pursuit of France international star midfielder Thomas Lemar and scouted the Monaco player in the Champions League clash with Besiktas (Turkish Football)

Leicester refused to sell Riyad Mahrez to Roma and Barcelona during the summer transfer window (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

Bayern Munich have ended their interest in Alexis Sanchez as the Bundesliga side’s president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists the Arsenal forward has already chosen his next club (Sky Germany)

PSG defender Thomas Meunier says he turned down a deadline day move to Chelsea (Belgian TV)

Inter are unlikely to sign either Javier Pastore or Jose Gimenez in January (Calciomercato)

Claude Makelele has left his role as assistant coach at Swansea to become head coach of Belgian side K.A.S Eupen

Former Fiorentina boss Paulo Sousa has been officially announced as the new coach of Chinese outfit Tianjin Quanjian

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments