Liverpool have targeted a summer move for a Leicester midfielder, Chelsea could get their hands on Gareth Bale and PSG keeper Kevin Trapp is far from happy, according to Monday’s European papers.
LIVERPOOL TO ‘BREAK THE BANK’ FOR NDIDI
Liverpool will “break the bank” for Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, according to a report.
Nigerian outlet The New Telegraph claim the Lagos-born Nigerian star is a top target for Jurgen Klopp and the Reds are prepared to $75million or £54.3million for the enforcer.
The 21-year-old has been impressive after replacing Ngolo Kante at Leicester and his tough tackling has apparently caught the eye of Klopp.
Ndidi, who arrived at Leicester from Genk in January 2017 for £15million is under contract until 2022, has completed the most tackles per 90 minutes in the top flight than any other player.
Former Nigerian international Etim Esin believes a move to Anfield could happen.
“I can’t remember the last time we had a Nigerian in Liverpool apart from Victor Moses’ brief stint there,” Esin said. “This is going to be a fantastic move for him and I think his transfer fee is likely going to go up because it could happen shortly after the World Cup.”
PSG EYE HUGE DOUBLE SWOOP
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are looking at bringing two Serie A midfielders to Ligue 1, according to a report.
Le10 Sport claim that the league leaders want Roma’s Lorenzo Pellegrini and Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the summer transfer window.
Pellegrini has been hugely impressive for the capital club since establishing himself in the first team this season, and his current deal includes a release clause of just £21m.
Milinkovic-Savic meanwhile has recently been linked with an £80m move to both Manchester United and Liverpool.
Lazio chief Lotito though says the towering midfielder is not for sale.
“How much is he worth?” Lotito considered, speaking to Corriere dello Sport.
“I don’t care, he’s not for sale! He’s like me, he has the same character, spirit of sacrifice, and he has courage.
“When his father ‘convinced’ him to go to Fiorentina, he – who already had an agreement with us – arrived there and explained ‘I only want Lazio’. That says it all, for me.”
AND THE REST
Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Kevin Trapp says his situation at the club is “not satisfying” and admits he may be open to a return to the Bundesliga, amid links to Borussia Dortmund.
Former Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has had calls from both Chelsea and PSG regarding his availability this summer. (Guillem Balague).
Real Betis goalkeeper Antonio Adan has suggested Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos wanted to re-join the club last month. (ABC)
Chinese side Beijing Renhe have made a €22m offer for Las Palmas midfielder Jonathan Viera. (La Provincia)
Real Madrid could reportedly offload injury-hit winger Gareth Bale to Chelsea as part of a deal for Eden Hazard. (Don Balon)
Real Madrid defender Marcelo is convinced countryman Neymar will join him at the Santiago Bernabeu in the future. The Brazil left-back thinks the Paris Saint-Germain forward would be a “great fit” at the La Liga club. (Marca)
Alvaro Morata is not against a return to Real Madrid. He left the door ajar last week after he revealed he was content with life at Chelsea, but that “Real Madrid are Real Madrid”. (AS)
Juventus are lining up a move for one-time Everton transfer target Dennis Praet. (Calciomercato)
Hans-Joachim Watzke, the CEO of Borussia Dortmund, claims the club tried and failed to secure a deal to sign Michy Batshuayi on a permanent basis in the summer. (SportBild)
Marseille manager Rudi Garcia wants the club to sign Celtic’s Moussa Dembele, subject to Chelsea transfer rumours in the past, or out of favour Sevilla striker Kevin Gameiro. (Le10 Sport)
Napoli are in the market for a defender after Faouzi Ghoulam’s knee injury. Possibilities include free agent Guilherme Siqueira, or former AC Milan centre-back Gabriel Paletta. (TuttoSport)