Euro Paper Talk: Liverpool, Spurs lifted by striker move collapse

Date published: Tuesday 18th July 2017 8:45

A Liverpool and Tottenham target has seen his move to Juventus collapse, Neymar has accepted an offer to leave Barcelona and an out of favour Liverpool attacker looks set for a return to Turkey, according to Tuesday’s European papers.

 

Check out our exclusive betting preview of the International Champions Cup clash between Manchester United and Manchester City in Houston.

JUVE PULL OUT OF SCHICK DEAL, LIVERPOOL & SPURS ON ALERT

Juventus and Sampdoria have revealed that a deal for the striker to move to Turin has fallen through.

The Czech youngster had been chased by Liverpool and Spurs throughout the course of the summer but it seemed as if the 21-year-old would be swapping clubs in Serie A after Juve agreed a fee for the player.

However, there were some questions raised when Schick needed medical further tests ahead of the switch, and it has since been revealed by the player’s international teammate Jakub Jankto that ‘I know he had some small problems with his heart, but it should not be anything serious.’

Juve have new officially responded: “Juventus FC and UC Sampdoria have announced that it has been decided, by mutual agreement, not to conduct the transfer of player Patrik Schick”.

If there are no serious medical issues then the race could well be back on for the talented attacker, who has also been attracting interest from French giants PSG.

 

NEYMAR ACCEPTS PSG MOVE

Neymar has accepted an offer from Paris Saint-Germain and will move from Barcelona for a world-record transfer fee of €222million, according to a report.

Brazilian source Esporte Interativo claim that the Brazil forward has agreed to a move to French capital.

Marca reported this morning that PSG were preparing to lodge a world record bid of £195m for Neymar.

Sport had claimed that Neymar felt his development at Barcelona was being stifled by Lionel Messi, despite signing a new five-year contract last July.

The 25-year-old is in to earn €30m a year in Paris and would link up with international team-mates Dani Alves, Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura.

Manchester United and Manchester City have been credited with interest in the player, according to the report.

 

LIVERPOOL ATTACKER SET FOR BESIKTAS SWITCH

Out-of-favour Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic is reportedly in talks with Besiktas over a move to Turkey.

According to the Turkish outlet Fanatik, Besiktas have lined up the attacker as a replacement for injured star Gokhan Tore.

The Turkish giants are said to have held early talks with Markovic’s agent and are interested in signing him on a one-year loan deal with an option to buy included.

Markovic is no stranger to the Turkish Super League, having previously spent a season on loan at Besiktas’ rivals Fenerbahce.

The 23-year-old joined Liverpool from Benfica for £20million in 2014 but has failed to win a regular starting spot under Jurgen Klopp and spent the second half of last season on loan at Hull City.

 

NEWCASTLE CLOSE IN ON ATLETICO DEFENDER

Atletico Madrid’s Javier Manquillo is reportedly set to sign a three-year deal at Newcastle United.

Atletico boss Diego Simeone has told the player that he doesn’t have a future with the Spanish giants, having made only five La Liga starts for the club while he has also been loaned out three times.

Manquillo, 23, made 19 appearances for Liverpool in 2014/15, played 43 games for Marseille in 2015/16 and was on loan at relegated Sunderland last campaign, during which time he made 15 Premier League starts.

Mundo Deportivo claims that Rafa Benitez was impressed by Manquillo’s versatility during his spell at the Stadium of Light, however, and that has prompted a move for the Spain Under-21 international.

AND THE REST

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez has rejected a move to Real Madrid as he doesn’t want to upset Barcelona fans (Diario Madridista)

Inter Milan are still chasing Manchester United forward Anthony Martial and may ask the Red Devils for the Frenchman as part of any deal that takes Ivan Perisic to Old Trafford (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Sampdoria are continuing their pursuit of Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere (Corriere dello Sport)

Galatasaray are closing in on the transfer of Manchester City midfielder Fernando (Turkish Football, via Milliyet)

Juventus could use Arsenal target Juan Cuadrado as part of any deal to land defender Kostas Manolas from Roma (Calciomercato)

Inter are ready to offer Bayern Munich €50m for Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

Galatasaray are close to sealing a deal for West Ham United winger Sofiane Feghouli (Fanatik)

Newcastle are eyeing Bordeaux striker Diego Rolan, who is said to be keen on a move to England this summer (This Is Futbol)

Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner wants to remain at the club for another season (Tuttosport)

Fiorentina striker Federico Bernardeschi could be a new Juventus player within 48 hours (Calciomercato)

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is closing in on his move to Juventus after arriving for his medical

Inter Milan midfielder Geoffrey Kongodbia ‘wants’ to join Valencia (Plaza Deportiva)

Italian striker Gianluca Lapadula has joined Genoa from Milan (Calciomercato)

Real Betis have rejected an €8m offer from Bundesliga club Hamburg for highly-rated defender German Pezzella (ABC de Sevilla)

Inter Milan are showing a strong interest in Fiorentina’s Matias Vecino (Sky Sport)

Sassuolo have reportedly rejected a €12 million from Inter Milan for their Ghanaian midfielder Joseph Alfred Duncan

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments