Euro Paper Talk: PSG line up huge swoop; Navas linked with PL duo

Date published: Monday 6th November 2017 7:50

Manchester United are plotting a January move for a former Chelsea attacker, while PSG are preparing to spend big again when the window reopens, according to Monday’s European papers.

 

FORMER CHELSEA STARLET DISCUSSES MANCHESTER UNITED TRANSFER LINKS

Manchester United are reportedly plotting a January move for former Chelsea starlet Bertrand Traore, according to reports in France.

With Jose Mourinho still looking to add a wide forward to his ranks, French footballmagazine Onze Mundial claim the United boss has turned his attentions to former Chelsea man Traore.

The Burkina Faso international was actually handed his Chelsea debut by Mourinho, but left after failing to get first-team opportunities, initially to Ajax on loan, and then in a permanent €10m switch to Lyon over the summer.

The player has since impressed in Ligue 1 and discussing United’s interest in him, Traore said: “Manchester United? Why not? I will work hard and if opportunities open, why not?”

Traore was also critical of Chelsea’s youth setup, adding: “I fought, I reached the first team. But, in Chelsea, for a player from the training centre, it’s almost impossible to impose yourself as a starter. And I wanted to be a starter … I’m proud of what I did there before I left.”

Traore, 22, played against United in the Europa League final for Ajax last season during their 2-0 defeat in Stockholm.

 

Like our dedicated Manchester United Facebook page.

 

ARSENAL CHASE NAVAS

Arsenal want Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas to replace Petr Cech, according to a report in Spain.

Diario Gol now claim Arsenal are one of two Premier League clubs keen on the shot-stopper, after last week linking the 30-year-old with Liverpool.

The player’s agent is believed to be looking for a new club, with Arsenal understood to be interested in him after the recent poor form of the 35-year-old.

Last week the same publication claimed that Liverpool were looking at bringing Navas to England, as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options.

Navas, who is currently out with a torn abductor muscle, is reportedly unhappy with Florentino Perez’s attitude and believes the president of the La Liga giants does not trust him.

The  keeper has made six La Liga starts this term and is Zinedine Zidane’s No. 1, but he is unhappy with his situation and is looking for a new club to join in the summer, according to the Spanish publication.

Navas is the preferred goalkeeper at the Bernabeu at present, but Madrid still hold an interest in Manchester United keeper David de Gea.

Real almost signed De Gea from United in August 2015, but a so-called dodgy fax machine meant Real missed the deadline to register the Spain international.

JUVENTUS RULE OUT SALE OF DEFENSIVE STAR

Juventus have absolutely no intention of selling Chelsea and Manchester City target Alex Sandro in 2018.

The 26-year-old has been outstanding in his 13 appearances in all competitions for Massimiliano Allegri’s side so far this season, having been linked with a big-money Premier League switch throughout the summer.

Blues boss Antonio Conte was said to be desperate to bring in the Brazilian as he wanted more competition for Marcos Alonso in the left wing-back spot, while City are after reinforcements on the left side of their defence after Benjamin Mendy suffered a serious knee injury that could see him miss the rest of the season.

The report on Calciomercato claims that even if an offer of £60million came in, Juventus would not consider selling, especially in the January transfer window.

Sandro joined the reigning Serie A champions from Porto for €26m in August 2015 and has gone on to become one of European football’s top attacking full-backs – a position currently in high demand given that many top sides today have reverted to playing a back three with attacking wingbacks.

AND THE REST

Juventus will battle PSG to sign Inter Milan midfielder Joao Mario during the January transfer window (Mundo Deportivo)

Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho used yesterday’s 1-0 defeat to Chelsea to try and get wheels in motion over a potential transfer for Cesc Fabregas (Don Balon)

Arsenal will move for Barcelona midfielder Rafinha Alcantara if Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez leave at the end of the season (Mundo Deportivo)

Luke Shaw could be offered a way out of Manchester United by Turkish club Fenerbahce in January (Fanatik)

Inter Milan director of football Piero Ausilio has revealed Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic is happy to remain at the club (Premium Sport)

Tottenham defender Serge Aurier has claimed Barcelona pulled the plug on a deal to sign him because of his bad reputation (Canal Plus)

Giuseppe Marotta claims that Leonardo Bonucci left Juventus because he “made a decision” (Calciomercato)

Barcelona are fuming at Turkey international Arda Turan after he rejected an incredible £44 million move to the Chinese Super League (Mundo Deportivo)

Arsenal haven’t given up their pursuit of France international star midfielder Thomas Lemar and scouted the Monaco player in the Champions League clash with Besiktas (Turkish Football)

Leicester refused to sell Riyad Mahrez to Roma and Barcelona during the summer transfer window (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

Bayern Munich have ended their interest in Alexis Sanchez as the Bundesliga side’s president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists the Arsenal forward has already chosen his next club (Sky Germany)

PSG defender Thomas Meunier says he turned down a deadline day move to Chelsea (Belgian TV)

Inter are unlikely to sign either Javier Pastore or Jose Gimenez in January (Calciomercato)

Claude Makelele has left his role as assistant coach at Swansea to become head coach of Belgian side K.A.S Eupen

Former Fiorentina boss Paulo Sousa has been officially announced as the new coach of Chinese outfit Tianjin Quanjian

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments