Euro Paper Talk: Shock United raid for BVB star; Juventus told Eriksen cost

Date published: Monday 29th January 2018 8:20

Manchester United are set to make a surprise raid on Borussia Dortmund, while Tottenham have demanded a hefty from Juventus for Christian Eriksen, according to Monday’s European papers.

 

MANCHESTER UNITED LINKED WITH BARTRA

Manchester United are set to make a surprise beat-the-deadline swoop on Borussia Dortmund for versatile Spanish defender Marc Bartra, according to reports.

Marca claim Jose Mourinho’s side have contacted the Bundesliga side in a bid to beat Real Betis to his signature.

The former Barcelona defender, 27, had been expected to return to La Liga with Betis with the club in talks to sign both Bartra and Miguel Layun this week.

However, Marca believes United have jumped to the front of the queue for Bartra and his signing could allow the club to let Daley Blind to leave, possibly for Barcelona.

The Spanish paper claims Mourinho will sanction the exit of the Dutchman if he is successful in his efforts to land Barta, whose ability to play both centre-half and at right-back is of particular interest to the United boss.

 

DORTMUND TO SIGN €3M LA MASIA GRADUATE

Borussia Dortmund are believed to be close to signing La Masia graduate Sergio Gomez from Barcelona.

CalcioMercato via Marca  understands the German outfit are all set to complete a deal for the 17-year-old, who is one Barcelona’s brightest youth players right.

He has made two appearances for Barcelona B in the Segunda Division and three appearances in the UEFA Youth League.

He also shone for Spain in November’s Under-17 World Cup in India and was voted the second-best player in the tournament.

The winger will sign a three-year deal after Dormund agreed to meet his €3million release clause.

 

FABINHO DESPERATE TO MAKE MOVE TO OLD TRAFFORD

Monaco midfielder Fabinho has pleaded with his club to let him join Manchester United this month, according to reports in the player’s native country.

Brazilian sports newspaper Lance claim in an exclusive that Fabinho has urged the Ligue 1 side let him move to Old Trafford this month – with the plauyer fearing he is set to miss out on his “dream move”.

United boss Jose Mourinho has a long-standing interest in Fabinho and saw efforts to sign him over the summer fall short, with Monaco opting to retain the player and United instead signing Nemanja Matic.

But with Michael Carrick due to retire in the summer and Marouane Fellaini set to run down his contract and leave on a free, the club still need midfield reinforcements.

Fabinho remains a target for Mourinho, but fearing the United boss has now switched targets to Nice star Jean-Michel Seri, Fabinho has issued a plea to the reigning Ligue 1 champions.

“I would be happy to move to a more prestigious club like Man Utd with greater ambitions,” Lance quote the player as saying. “My adventure at Monaco has been wonderful. I won a league title, but now I feel my time here is coming to an end.

“I am well aware of the fact the club’s objective is to finish in second place and qualify for the UEFA Champions League. Of course, they look to do this by giving youngsters the chance to develop rather than spend big money on great players.”

Fabinho is rated in the €45million bracket by Monaco, but with the clock ticking, his hopes of moving to Old Trafford – this month at least – appear to be fading.

 

The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.

 

AND THE REST

Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino has played down reports linking Manolo Gabbiadini with a January move to Bologna

Tottenham are working against the clock to complete a deal worth roughly £25million for PSG’s Lucas Moura (ESPN FC)

Swansea and Wolfsburg are in talks with Liverpool over a deal to sign forward Lazar Markovic (BBC)

Tottenham have told Juve that it will cost them more than €60million to sign Christian Eriksen (Tuttosport)

Julian Brandt is open to signing a new deal at Bayer Leverkusen despite talk of a €45million move to either Liverpool or Barcelona this month (Kicker)

Roma have rejected a first offer from Liverpool, believed to be €45m, for Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker (Il Tempo)

Manchester United have been left shocked by claims that David De Gea has his heart set on returning to Real Madrid this summer

Atletico Madrid have told suitors Juventus and Arsenal that Yannick Carrasco will cost €50m if they want to sign him this month (Calciomercato)

Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United and PSG are all tracking Monaco’s France under-17 international defender Benoît Badiashile (Foot Mercato)

Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta insists talks with Emre Can are ongoing, but he has insisted again that nothing has been agreed with the Liverpool star (RMC Sports)

Gerard Deulofeu has emerged as a surprise target for new Watford boss Javi Garcia. The Barcelona winger had been linked to Napoli, Roma and Inter (RAC1)

West Ham are looking to seal the signing of former Southampton striker Graziano Pelle, according to reports in the Chinese and Italian media

Leeds United officials are in Milan today to hold talks with Serie B Carpi over a deal for Nigerian striker Jerry Mbakogu (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Antoine Griezmann has ruled out a January exit from the club and insists Atletico Madrid are still targeting two trophies this season (BeIn Sports)

Manchester United have joined the race to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal (Bild)

Barcelona’s €50million target Arthur will sign a deal in the coming days to join the La Liga giants from Gremio. The midfielder will not arrive until after the World Cup at the earliest though (Sport)

Atletico Madrid playmaker Nicolas Gaitan has turned down a move to Swansea City (AS)

Monaco are willing to listen to offers for £30m-rated Liverpool and Arsenal target Keita Blade, amid fresh interest from Newcastle and Napoli (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Stoke are in advanced talks with Galatasaray for Senegal midfielder Badou Ndiaye with the deal said to be worth £15million. Inter Milan are also keen but appear to have dropped their interest (Corriere dello Sport)

Manchester City will activate Aymeric Laporte’s £57million buyout clause and will announce his signing from Athletic Bilbao imminently (Marca)

Aymeric Laporte: Man City reignite interest

Inter Milan have submitted a loan bid for Javier Pastore with a view to a permanent €25m summer deal for the PSG star (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Luis Suarez has jumped to Philippe Coutinho’s defence after the Barcelona star only made a small contribution on his La Liga debut for the club

Ostersunds have confirmed they have received a €5m offer from Celta Vigo for Iranian forward Saman Ghoddos (Allsvenskan)

Montpellier defender Nordi Mukiele is attracting interest from across Europe. The 20-year-old is a Roma and RB Leipzig transfer target (L’Equipe)

Crystal Palace have made an offer for Lille midfielder Ibrahim Amadou (L’Equipe)

 

Roque Mesa is close to completing a loan move to Sevilla (AS)

Inter Milan full-back Yuto Nagatomo is being chased by Fenerbahce (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Celta Vigo have made out-of-favour Torino forward Lucas Boye their number one attacking target in January (Faro de Vigo)

 

PLANET SPORT recommends: Who makes our tennis five-a-side team? (Tennis365)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments