Euro Paper Talk: Messi tells Barca to avoid £100m Man Utd star

Date published: Monday 16th April 2018 8:26

Lionel Messi has advised Barcelona against a £100m deal for Paul Pogba, while Everton have run the rule over a €40million-rated Porto forward, according to Monday’s European papers.

 

MESSI PUTS BLOCK ON BARCELONA MOVE FOR POGBA

Lionel Messi has advised Barcelona against a summer swoop for Paul Pogba, according to reports in Spain.

Pogba’s future at Manchester United has been thrown into doubt in recent months on the back of a series of poor performances – the latest being in Sunday’s 1-0 home defeat in which the Frenchman was substituted and heavily criticised by Sky Sports pundit Thierry Henry.

It has been widely reported that Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, has been hawking his client around some of Europe’s top clubs and Diario Gol reports that the Frenchman is open to a move to Barcelona.

It’s claimed Pogba believes there is a potential opening for him in Barcelona’s midfield with long-serving Andres Iniesta set to move on, most likely to the Chinese Super League, this summer.

But the same Spanish outlet claims Messi has advised Barcelona against the move for two reasons – one of which is not least his poor displays for United since the turn of the year.

Secondly, it’s  claimed the Argentine is opposed to the signing of Pogba after the Frenchman previously snubbed interest from the LaLiga giants whilst leaving Juventus in the summer of 2016.

 

The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.

 

VAZQUEZ A TARGET FOR KLOPP

Don Balon report that Liverpool are lining up a replacement for Mohamed Salah.

Jurgen Klopp is understood to be interested in Lucas Vazquez – a forward who is believed to have received plenty of summer offers.

The Spanish report claims 26-year-old Vazquez could be tempted to leave, due to his lack of game time at Real Madrid. The Coruna-born forward has made just 14 La Liga starts this season, and he is apparently chasing a move elsewhere that would see him get more action and increase his salary.

Salah has become a target for Real Madrid, according to widespread reports, after blasting his way to 40 goals in his first season at Anfield after his summer move from Roma.

 

AND THE REST

Everton set scouts to check on €40m-rated Porto striker Moussa Marega this weekend ahead of a possible summer swoop (O Jogo)

Liverpool have been told Dani Ceballos wants to join them this summer by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez  (Don Balon)

Turkish journalist Erdal Hos says Tottenham have made a “concrete offer” for 18-year-old Trabzonspor winger Abdulkadir Omur (TVNet)

Chelsea are determined to sign Marco Asensio and he wants two main assurances over his future at remain at the Bernabeu (Diario Gol)

Manchester United will attempt to include Paul Pogba in any offer for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale (Don Balon)

Gianluigi Donnarumma says he does not know where his future lies as speculation continues to swirl ahead of the summer transfer window (Mediaset)

Juventus are keeping tabs on Barcelona’s out-of-favour defender Lucas Digne (CalcioMercato)

Javier Pastore is keeping the summer transfer door open for Inter and Liverpool after refusing to commit his future to Paris Saint-Germain (Premium Sport)

Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle and West Ham are all thought to be tracking £30million-rated Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer, who has been little more than a bit-part player since signing from Valencia (Sport)

Manchester United are so desperate to sign Real Madrid playmaker Isco that they are willing to offer David De Gea in exchange (Don Balon)

AC Milan could be forced into selling two Liverpool targets this summer, with Suso and Gianluigi Donnarumma both susceptible to being poached away in cut-price deals as part of their contracts (Corriere Della Sera)

Suso could trade places with Napoli forward Jose Callejon this summer (Tuttosport)

PSG star Neymar is ready to make a move to Manchester United his No 1 priority after Real Madrid cooled their interest in the Brazilian (Don Balon)

Bayern Munich will rival Juventus, PSG, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea if Manchester United decide to cash in on Anthony Martial this summer (Calciomercato)

Gianluigi Buffon could be offered the chance to play on with Boca Juniors after Carlos Tevez reportedly called his old teammate to sound him out about a surprise move (Radio Continental)

Real Madrid will trigger their €4m return clause to re-sign Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Omar Mascarell before selling him to Bayern Munich (Diario AS)

Barcelona have made contact with Samuel Umtiti’s agent as they attempt to tie the Manchester United target down to a new deal at the Nou Camp (Mundo Deportivo)

Roma president James Pallotta has poured cold water on rumours that goalkeeper Alisson could join Liverpool in the summer (Sky Italia)

PSG are pushing forward with plans to sign a new goalkeeper this summer. Sporting director Antero Henrique has twice met with Thibaut Courtois in London, but Roma’s Alisson is thought to be their top target (L’Equipe)

Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta says he has made a decision over his future and will make public his decision by April 30. The veteran midfielder has been linked with Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian (Sport)

Ousmane Dembele has pledged his future to Barcelona amid talk he could move to the Premier League with Arsenal this summer (Telefoot)

Atletico Madrid’s former Chelsea left-back Filipe Luis has emerged as a target for Juventus (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Matteo Darmain has signalled he is ready to leave Manchester United this summer and join Juventus (Tuttosport)

AC Milan and Inter Milan are locked in a €30m battle to sign Ajax star David Neres (Calciomercato)

Gareth Bale has no interest in a move to Liverpool – with Manchester United or a return to Tottenham only in the Wales star’s thinking if he is forced out at Real Madrid (Don Balon)

Juventus are tracking SPAL’s youngster Alex Meret as a back-up goalkeeper option to Wojciech Szczesny next season (RAI Sport)

Bordeaux winger and long-term Tottenham and Arsenal target Malcom has revealed Paris Saint-Germain are his ‘dream’ club and there have already been conversations between the two parties (Le10 Sport)

Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has admitted for the first time he will consider offers for in-demand Monaco star Thomas Lemar this summer (Telefoot)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments